A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Got Blitzed tonight..., and loved it! (story, long)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2000, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Blitzed tonight..., and loved it! (story, long)

No, nothing to do with booze....

Thanks to a tip from Jason H on a store in Santa Monica that carries One Grand Blitz Wax, I picked up a tin of the stuff after work. Later that night, under the dim glow of florescent lights of the local coin-op car wash, I went to work on my A4.

After a good wash, an application of Imperial Hand Glaze, and an application of Meguiar's Polish, I was ready to use Blitz for the very first time. I rubbed a foam pad in the stuff, and it melted easily and was quickly absorbed by the pad. On the first stroke, I had to check the label to make sure I didn't mistakenly get a can of beef tallow! This stuff was so soft and went on so easily it was simply incredible! I simply loved the way it went on so effortlessly. A little goes a long way, and any more was wasted (as I found out later when washing the foam pad, I wrung out little gobs of wax). I followed the directions on the can to not leave the wax on for more than 15 minutes, and was able to do the entire car in 3 sections. I could tell that if allowed to dry too long, it would have been hard to remove. But as directed by the label, it removed easily without a lot of buffing, left no residue, and there was very little "wax dandruff."

Verdict? Well, nothing new to add to the many praises and accolades that others here haven't already given Blitz. Compared to what I have been using, Meguiar's Gold Class Liquid Wax, Blitz is simply much easier to work with all around. What about the shine you ask? Well, like I said, the lighting was poor. BUT, it was definitely a very nice, deep, mirror-like shine. I wouldn't go as far as saying that it is dramatically shinier than Meguiar's (using the same pre-prep combo of IHG and Meguiar's Polish), but I believe it is a better shine. And it most definitely is a harder coat, and smooth as glass. Just a beautiful product. I'm a convert. I just wish I could take some pics of the results (digital camera on order, won't have it 'til Monday. D'oh!). Oh, I have a half-empty bottle of Meguiar's Liquid Wax for sale, cheap!

These are just my impressions of first-use of this product. Your mileage may vary.

As a side note, I took a shower when I got home from the car wash. Good news and bad news. Bad news is, the left-over wax from my hands got rubbed all over my body. Good news is, the water beaded up after my shower and I have a nice deep shine! )