A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Had some fun on 280 in Los Altos with a MkIII GTI VR6... (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had some fun on 280 in Los Altos with a MkIII GTI VR6... (kinda long)

...Nothing too special but it did make me remember how much I'm going to REALLY miss my car now that I'm heading off to Chicago for school. I had just come home from a friend's house up in Los Altos Hills, and I pushed it pretty hard down Altamont to El Monte and 280. I live right at El Monte and 280, but since I'm leaving in a few days and because I had been pushing it, I thought I'd just drive around for a bit. I came down El Monte and instead of turning in at my street I did a U-turn, and took my favorite on-ramp at about 60mph (the on-ramp to 280N when going west on El Monte (towards Foothill College)).. As soon as I hopped on the freeway I noticed a GTI VR6 up ahead of me going pretty fast, and I was in a peppy mood so I caught up with him. I didn't come up next to him and try to race or anything just stayed behind him as he was navigating traffic. I had decided I would get off at Page Mill and head down to Foothill and take Foothill back over to El Monte, and it turned out he was getting off at Page Mill, too. So now we were both having a lot of fun (I LOVE coming down Page Mill).. Took the turn on the off-ramp at almost 80 (the one with the arrow that says 40) and he was hanging in there no problem.. He clearly had modified suspension, probably some sway bars, etc. We then proceeded to take the rest of the trip down to Foothill together at 80-100, and that road is a blast to drive fast.. Pretty safe if no traffic and also not easy to get caught. I had no trouble keeping up with him but was also not trying to pass him or anything.. And when we got to Foothill I was turning right and he was going straight, so I slowed down and we gave each other a wave and a thumbs up. *sighs* I am definitely gonna miss little outings like that in Chicago.

-mikey