A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Has anyone replaced thier aluminum interior trim with factory wood trim pieces? If so, how'd you remove your old trim (specially the center consol)?...nt

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-1999, 05:05 PM
Ruben

Has anyone replaced thier aluminum interior trim with factory wood trim pieces? If so, how'd you remove your old trim (specially the center consol)?...nt
Old 06-25-1999, 05:39 AM
TGB

Default I want to do this also...

I was expecting to have it done at the dealership to avoid any OOPS's. I consider myself to be fairly handy, however, the wood trim may not be worth the potential sorrow.<p>TGB 1.8T qMS
Old 06-25-1999, 08:55 AM
CW

Default Ruben, I also checked into this...

First off, I'd use Audi's pieces and not aftermarket like Joshua Wood Tree or Exotic Wood dash, they just use an overlay that's pressed on top of the aluminum trim. I know for the 99.5's you can replace the aluminum pieces on the doors. You can also replace the upper black piece on the center console and the ashtray (you have to buy a whole new ashtray), but not center part, that'll stay black. The hitch is, is there's not a way that I've found out to replace the aluminum trim on the dash. The other issue is the wood trim is cost prohibitive. I'll probably still do it, but all I'm going to do is replace the 2 pieces on the center console and leave the alum. trim everywhere else.
Old 06-25-1999, 09:01 AM
EricB

Default I just did the center section...

I got the open pore center console piece from Clair ($141 with shipping) and had my local dealer put it in. They charged me $27 for the installation. It looks very nice, but the piece is not quite centered in the dash. I don't know if this is due to the switch positions being slightly off or if the switches can move with the trim and the trim is just not centered. <p>Eric<p>98.5 1.8T QMS