A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

having problems with the car idle 1.8TQ

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having problems with the car idle 1.8TQ

Hello thanks for trying to read trough this mess sorry for the lack of grammar and punctuation

okay so i bought this car a year ago have had a few issues where the car wont run right
attached a video there was originaly a APU engine in this chassie and the owner before the one i got it from did a swap over to a AEB

the car throwes a code: Ross-tech link but changing the sensore did not work and im guessing this has something to do with the wires for the MAF as at somepoint the connector was replaced for some reason as i can tell there is a APU header for the MAF im guessing during the engine swap the AEB wiring harness from the AEB was used and the MAF changed to APU i have no clue all i know the wire codes does not match i cleaned all this up as he had used some sort of joiner googled (GEL FILLED CRIMP JOINER TELEPHONE CABLE BUTT CONNECTOR) so i soldered them togheter insted no luck

so now im woundering if there is a way to get the MAF wire diagram for APU and AEB to see whats done and if i can fix it im getting real tired of using 1.5liters per mile and smelling like a gass station