A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

I just take, take, take form this forum but I may have something to contribute to Pearlescent owners... :+)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-1998, 01:04 PM
chrisd

Default I just take, take, take form this forum but I may have something to contribute to Pearlescent owners... :+)

But not yet....Finally found some pearl touch up paint. Got it at the dealer. It's called pearlescent white. Service guy said the paint needs to be shaken well - in fact, he said, if you think you have shaken it enough, shake it more. I'll let you know how it works on Monday.<br>I think the code is L.0A9801, but I'll confirm on monday.<p>98.5 pearl Avant QMS with girlfriend inflicted ding removed by paintless dent removal guy, itching to contribute something to this forum, and thinks I may be able to with the proper application of pearlescent touch-up paint<br>
Old 11-12-1998, 01:57 PM
nozomi

Default Re: I just take, take, take form this forum but I may have something to contribute to Pearlescent owners... :+)

After searching in the archives and e-mailed to someone who had posted<br>the information, I got a pearlescent white touch up paint for Audi 90 and 100<br>It was about a month ago and the one for A4 Pearl wasn't available then.<br>I don't have the code number with me here, but you might have the same one.<p>Please keep me posted how yours worked. <br>Thanks!<br>Nozomi <br>2.8 QM Pearl
Old 11-12-1998, 02:17 PM
Rob O

Default That Pearl touchup doesn't work -- it's goes on like translucent silver nail polish & doesn't cover blemishes...

I tried several bottles, the dealer and I thinking there may be something wrong with each passing attempt, and got the same results. We shook the **** out of 'em too. Unlike the touchup I have now for my Aluminum Silver, which is thick - like "white out" - the pearl touchup (part code you mentioned and another one I bought in early '97 under a different part code used for '96s at the time) is like silvery water.<p>Hopefully you have better luck than I did.<p>Rob O
Old 11-12-1998, 02:24 PM
Drew S.

Default Audi paint codes on the web

My webpage has a subpage listing Audi paint codes for 1996, 1997, and 1998. The link is below.<p>Drew S.<br><ul><li><a href="http://members.aol.com/drewinva/audi/">Audi Paint Color Codes</a></li></ul>
Old 11-12-1998, 02:28 PM
Drew S.

Default I wouldn't expect pearl touch-up paint to work.

They will sell it to you, but think about it. The pearl paint was not a one-step process when it was first applied. I was told that it was a three-step process (which is why it costs more). <p>So how is a simple touch-up paint supposed to match that?<p>And if you answer that question, then tell me, why don't they use the one-step method instead of the three-step method if the one-step method works?<p>Answer: I don't think you can create a pearl effect in one-step.<p>Drew S.<br>
Old 11-12-1998, 03:22 PM
nozomi

Default Re: I wouldn't expect pearl touch-up paint to work.

Yes, I understand the pearl touch up doesn't work well.<br>But for small stone chips, I still wanted to apply the touch up paint just over the chipped part. <br>From the archives, I got your old posts as well before calling the dealer. :-)<br>Unfortunately the color code for 96 pearl has been "coming soon" "temporaty out of stock" since two years ago.<p>Nozomi<br>
Old 11-13-1998, 05:57 AM
nozomi

The one I got is LOA9.01 Pearlescent White.