A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Many questions...or maybe just a couple

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-1999, 05:44 PM
Matt

Default Many questions...or maybe just a couple

First off i have a couple questions about body kits. I have talked to a couple people regarding the projektzwo kit, and they said that the rear valence was designed for the euro a4 and is a couple inches short of the rear wheel well, i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if they did what did they do to fix it, The people who i have spoken with so far have had black cars so it didn't matter. Has anyone had a simlair experience with the Caractere kit? I also talked to someone who had an A! Avant Garde System S kit that couldn't be installed by three different garages. has anyone had problems with that?
Now a couple questons about speakers. I checked the registry for people with JL Stealthboxes and emailed them but didn't get any responses. I was wondering how many people have(had) a stealthbox and what there impressions were. The numbers on the stealthbox aren't so impressive, the subs can only hadle 150watts, but i like the idea of it taking up no really useful trunk space, but that leads us to another question, with a stealthbox installed can you fold down your back seats? I know i should have emailed JL, and i did, but it's been two weeks and i havent gotten any response..none!
Next a question on coilovers, again i checked the archives and the registry but neither were very helpful. I am tring to get a hold of KW Coil overs, and so far the only place i have found in north america is HPA Motorsports, do they have exclusive distribution rights or something? or are KW's not any good, i've only heard really good things about them. I was wondering if there were any bettter prices around. Also is there anyone in the West LA area that knows a respectable place to get them installed. at the Tirerack the H&R's are only $1309, at HPA the KW's are $1600, are they worth the extra money in anyones opinion. AND on the HPA website they say the KW's are for 95-98 A4's, does this mean they wont work on my 99.5, i wasn't aware that there was a major change in suspension or chasis that wont allow these to work, or is HPA wrong? I guess it looks like i'll be going for the H&R's huh? oh well, most people here seem to be hapy with them from the archives. Those are all the questions i have for now. I must say this is a truly superior forum, it has been so helpful in answering so many questions, i got my 99.5 2.8qms in june and have been so anxious to upgrade it, i finally got enough money to complete my project. Only another 5 grand to go for the PES kit. Thanks for any help.

matt
99.5 2.8qms K&N, A!Avant Garde Exhaust, so far...