A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

More on fault codes with Wett chip.... (Throttle position sensor)

Old 02-09-1999, 06:12 AM
Miles

Default More on fault codes with Wett chip.... (Throttle position sensor)

I had my car at an independent Audi shop yesterday, and they checked fault codes in my cars computer. I am running the 1.0 Bar Wett chip. They got two codes. The first is " # 18010 Power Supply (B+) Terminal Low Voltage Sporadic." According to Wett, this is caused by swapping the chip out. The second code is "#17967 Idle Speed Control Throttle Positioner Adaptation Malfunction- Sporadic." I asked Wett about this and this is their response:<p>> the second one can come through the tuningchip and means just, that the dealer<br>>has to adjust the throttle body sensor.<p>>Action: Please have your dealer adjust the throttle body: this works out through the<br>>VAG diagnostic tool:<br>>Adress:01<br>>function: 04 <br>>channel: 084<br>>this has to be done in engine off, ignition on mode.<br>>wait until the tools says: adaption ok<p>>After that, they should reset the fault codes with function 2 (read) , and function 5 (reset)<br>>thats all<p>I thought I would post it because I know there has been some discussion lately about the throttle position sensor with some people with Wett chips (Alan Adamson?). Maybe someone more technical than me can parse this into english so I can understand what exactly the problem is.<p>Miles