A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

My first service impressions :) (long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2000, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first service impressions :) (long)

Well as everybody else I did it. I'm talking about this like about climbing to Everest. Oh whatever. My experience I guess just one more addition to good impressions received from service of what you love so much . Actually MY A4 is the first car I really love. I can't say that I hated my previous cars, I liked them, but I LOVE AUDI .

So about service. I wrote a list of things I thought should be fixed. Here is the list:
1. Radio gremlins (FM frequency jump .2 some time every time starting/shutting down engine.
2. Smell of exhaust fumes in the cabin while driving on highway with open sunroof.
3. Ridiculous gas mileage (barely 22MPG highway, 17MPG city)
4. Wind noise from outside of driver side door.
5. Stress crack on the windshield ( or not stress)

So I called a week ago to dealership I bought my car from (for Chicago residents it is Schamburg Audi) to schedule appointment. First impression I got was that the first available appointment was next day after I called, but I requested presence of service manager to inspect windshield damage and also I requested a loaner car. So all was scheduled on 7:00AM on Thursday, i.e. today.

For those who live in Chicago, you know how Kennedy expwy look like in the morning, right? It's a mess, people there aren't driving, there walking their cars. So being aware of that I took I290 straigh to Golf road and to my surprise It took only 40 minutes from loop. So I enter service department at about seven. Manager (Tony) is a very nice guy. He arranged everything for me in just no time. I got a 99 Subaru Legacy as a loaner (be carefull with that one - It don't have so strong brakes as Audi does). Well unfortunate for me inspection of windshield discovered evidence of stone chip damage right under windshield wiper of the driver side, which will cost me as I was expected (about 500). All other things I wrote above he make a note of and giving me a key for the loaner mentioned that he will call me. Meantime, just to find out how they care about customers I drove there in pretty dirty car to find out if they will wash it . So guess what. 17:00 I picked up my car which was washed like I just bought it, plus new radio being ordered and he is taking care about replacing my windshield by talking to my insurance company (I think I have no deductible for glass damage). Oil was changed, tires were rotated (I made marks on wheels from left side). Unfortunate for me they was not able to find out what causing exhaust smell with open sunroof and about gas mileage. Oh well that don't bother me alot.

Totally great experience. Highly recommended.

Igor
A41.8TQTip
Old 06-16-2000, 05:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default analyze this

Let's see what REALY was done.
1.Car was washed.
2.New radio ordered(covered by warranty)
3.They always charge insurance more for any repairs then they would charge a person.So that was worth to them to do it.

Now, what REALLY was not done:
1.They was not able to find the cause of the real probleme with exhaust smell.
2.They were not able to tune up your car so gas milage became normal.
So they were not able to do anything that was a little more complicated then rotating wheels a washing the car. Then what so special about their service?The way how they treat you? They MUST to do it.
Think of it.