A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

New car, to me at least.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New car, to me at least.

Hey guys, just got a 2001 Audi A4 quattro 1.8t, was pretty cheap and decided to go for it but that was only because it was in slight rough shape. Theres quite a few small things to fix up on it and I'm definitely going to need your guys' help with these next few questions. First question I want to ask, is hopefully in this image I'm about to post:

This panel I circled around the climate controls is missing, does anyone know how I would go about getting one? Also the whole climate control unit can just be pulled out as if theres nothing holding it there, are there supposed to be screws holding it in?

2nd question:
The display on the radio has some dead pixels, is there a way to replace that easily? If i have to replace the whole radio then so be it, but at that point I might as well just get a different one, which I'm up for some suggestions if anyone has a specific radio they love.

3rd question:
The center display on the cluster is pretty much unreadable due to all of the dead pixels and such, and I've been reading that it's a common issue. Is that easily replaceable?

Thats pretty much all I have now. There are other small things like the cup holder that i already bought another one and its on its way but ill save all that for a later time. Any suggestions are welcome, and I'm definitely thanking you guys in advance because I don't even know where I would start