A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Oil Consumption Repair - Issues Post Repair?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Consumption Repair - Issues Post Repair?

Hello,

I have a 2011 Audi A4. I did the oil consumption test and qualified -- all the work was done a couple months ago. However, I've experienced new issues after the repairs:
  • Light rough idle, especially in morning
  • Didn't start a couple times, but after a bunch of tries did start
  • Check engine light comes on every 2 weeks or so, but only for a day or two - goes back out. Took it to dealer last month but light was out by the time they got it so they couldn't read the code.
  • Today it got worse: check engine light came back on and then started blinking. Called Audi, they said to turn the car on again and since light wasn't blinking again I was okay to drive it. During my driving todeay, the car hesitated to accelerate, couldn't make up my driveway (had to try a few times), and then nearly stalled in an intersection when driving. After I take my foot off the gas when driving the car jerks a bit. Also noticing higher fuel consumption than normal (will start tracking to confirm). - very concerned about even driving the car anymore.
Audi dealer is going to re-look at the car but can't get me in for 5 days. They said it's fine to drive if light isn't blinking. Any ideas of what the issue might be? Is it really okay to be driving with these issues? Worried about longer term damage. The oil consumption work is warrantied for a year but worried about damage to other parts of car due to whatever they messed up.

Thanks,
Sean