A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

An open letter to the Forum RE: this morning's debacle...PLEASE READ...

Old 02-22-2001, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An open letter to the Forum RE: this morning's debacle...PLEASE READ...

Most of you will know why I am writing this, & it seems someone has to do it periodically. Actually I had a long rant composed, but I have decided to condense it to this. My car is one part of a complex & rewarding life, and I thoroughly enjoy participating in this forum. I get a lot out of it & I hope that I contribute value to it. This AM my anger got the best of me when responding to "you-know-who". I normally would not respond with foul language, not because I'm some kind of prig, but simply because it's not the place for it. There is nothing wrong with friendly joking, ribbing, or lighthearted teasing, but when prejudicial or personal slurs or attacks are involved, I draw the line. I have a strong social conscience, & support the rights and dignities of all, without regard to ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, etc. (Don't mean to be preachy).
BTW, although I am not gay (which is really irrelevant anyway), if I were, I would probably declare it openly on the forum to rub "you-know-who's" face in it.
Oh, "Sorry I flared!" I am going resist the temtation to further respond in kind, & end by saying that I shall continue to behave as a gentleman in this venue, as I know most of you do & I hope all will. Turned out to be a fairly long rant afterall.
Thank you for listening.
Old 02-22-2001, 02:42 PM
Elder Member

word up...no wrong doing on your part IMHO.
Old 02-22-2001, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm glad that you are continuing to contirbute in this forum...

...because it sad to lose the knowledge and experience you have aquired as a result of one bonehead. Particularly yours, being the only supercharged 1.8L out there I know of. I have seen and heard of people dropping out because of crap like that and I personally feel that it sucks. So, kudos to you for rising above that.

Sal
Old 02-22-2001, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Its all good...
Old 02-22-2001, 02:54 PM

Default Isnt it funny

This guy finds this pic, He likes the car but he has no idea that you (Larry) are on this board!!!!His foot is still in his mouth.
You know Larry you look a little Gay though. JUST KIDDING!!!
Old 02-22-2001, 03:02 PM

Default Wow, I missed this morning's little event completely - oh yeah, I was working!

Larry, I'll bet you that most folks missed it.

This whole thing reminds me of the Seinfeld episode I saw last night:

"I'm not gay! Not that there's anything wrong with it!"

And I think I would have responded with: "You *** munching ****-master, suck my *****!" ;-) Nothing like a little South Park humor for the right time and place.
Old 02-22-2001, 03:04 PM

No problem! I know a joke from a slur!!!
Old 02-22-2001, 03:07 PM
CP

Default You're gay? Now what did I miss...

Larry, Larry, Larry. This forum gets the best of all of us at times. What the heck did I miss today? This damn AOL instant messager has me typing madly all day long now...from work.

Don't sweat it guy :^) We all get on each others nerves sometimes. I think most of us regulars have written this letter/message at one point or another. I know I felt like *** when I was arguing, and stupid when I felt I had to write something like this, but it happens...what you say?...****.

Enjoy the snow! I'm going skiing tomorrow and can't wait. (You were supposed to smile at my subject line)
Old 02-22-2001, 03:10 PM

Read my answer to gonzalowitz!
Old 02-22-2001, 03:17 PM
CP

Speedy Gonzolowitz?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: An open letter to the Forum RE: this morning's debacle...PLEASE READ...