A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Opening up an aftermarket accessory/tuning shop in Bayside NY and advice..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Opening up an aftermarket accessory/tuning shop in Bayside NY and advice..

The place will be called European Motorsports,a nd will be located next door to my existing business V&S Motor service. We will be a authorized RennTech dealer. We will offer tuning accessories for only European cars focusing on only high-end bodykits and aftermarket neames such as Hamann, Oettinger, Ac Schnitzer, Lorinser, etc. Installation will be done on premises at my big shop next door. Can anybody give some advice? Also i plan on posting frequently about new products and services we will be offering and would love to see many Audi Enthusiasts at the place.

Please respond with some Feedback

Thanks
Vince
www.VSMOTORS.com
Old 10-13-2003, 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice? Sure. . .

Give AW guys free stuff.

Oh, and don't screw anyone on this board over. Word travels fast on the forum, ans you'll have a hard time advertising after that. . .
Old 10-13-2003, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Just don't rice it up. You'll lose respect.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:59 AM
RKA
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Vince...

If you do a good job, word of mouth will pass on these forums. Make your customers happy, and they will reward you with referrals.

Make an honest attempt to enter the performance side of the market. Body kits, wheels, etc. are all well and good, but if you want to cater to people on these forums, learn about the performance items available, and don't make claims about power gains, unless they are verifiable (these forums can be very critical about that sort of thing).

In order to advertise your business on these forums, you'll need to become a paying advertiser on AW. Not sure what that entails exactly, but click the "About Us" button on your menu bar, and contact Jason Teller for more info.

Lastly, there is one rogue Audi club known as the NYC Metro Area Audi Group, as well as the NJ Chapter of the Audi Car Club of America. Get to know the event organizers of these clubs...and set up events at your shop. That's really the best way to get to know people in the Audi community...invite them into the shop for a tech day/sale/lunch get together, etc.

Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2003, 06:12 AM

giving back to the AW community is one way to get your shop serious recognition fast. discounting us
Old 10-13-2003, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks for the advice, thats just what i was looking for...

I plan on getting in touch with a chip manufacturer and definitely getting into the performance aspect of things. I will be getting in touch with the people at GIAC or APR to see what they can offer me as far becoming an authorized dealer. I believe that the area is untapped as far as having a local dealer therefore it can successful, I have a BMW dealership only blocks away and VW service center next door to my place. So customers will readily see the store.
I definitely plan on going to events even sponsoring them once the store is more developed. Once my website is more developed I plan to advertise on Audiworld as well.

Thanks for the info.
Vince
Old 10-13-2003, 06:32 AM

Get connected to one of the larger chip companies, a 4-wheel dyno would be nice also.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Place ads on forum, go to club events, and ...

Host a tech session/show, just like Rojo collision
4 wheel dyno
Become a distibutor for APR or GIAC chips

Do you do clutch installs? Do you specialize in quattro? Is there an Audi tech in house?

Just some suggestions
Old 10-13-2003, 08:43 AM

Default Become an official advertiser/supporter of this board..

<ul><li><a href="https://www.audiworld.com/info/advertising.html">Click here ....</a></li></ul>
Old 10-13-2003, 09:03 AM

Default heres a tip...

stay outta the rain

haha, always wanted to say that...good luck though

Quick Reply: Opening up an aftermarket accessory/tuning shop in Bayside NY and advice..