A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

PIC: A4 DASH with Navigation System (available in Germany)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-1998, 07:20 AM
joechang

Default PIC: A4 DASH with Navigation System (available in Germany)

Scanned from an A4 options catalog I got from an Audi Showroom in Berlin. More pictures as I crop and upload...<p>-joe
Old 11-25-1998, 07:26 AM
Chris T.

Very Nice! a cup holder a la A6, but where is radio?
Old 11-25-1998, 07:26 AM
T2

Default Re: PIC: A4 DASH with Navigation System (available in Germany)

Interesting... noticed the A6 cupholder placement (don't like it over the stereo & climate control due to spills). Climate control buttons moved around (and a ECON feature?)...<p>Tom
Old 11-25-1998, 07:27 AM
RobS

Interesting differences in controls. 1/2 degree increments for temp!
Old 11-25-1998, 07:37 AM
joechang

Default Dash Details...

Saw a demo of this while I was there:<p>-Nav System screen serves as a TV and Menu System<br>-Radio is therefore shown on the screen, controlled with buttons to left and right<br>-Screen tilts/swivels for best view<p>Not sure if the TV works while you're driving, but that's quite a "safety-feature" .<p>-joe
Old 11-25-1998, 07:56 AM
Chris T.

Default Nice features, but not as convienence as a real radio control

That is a lot of small buttons clustering together. It will make selecting the right radio stations and other options not easy. If it was a touch screen then may be it will be worthwhile.
Old 11-25-1998, 08:06 AM
TGB

I believe it increments by .5 degrees when using celsius. I seem to remember this from my testdrive. I live in Canada
Old 11-25-1998, 08:37 AM
KeremD

Default Yeah, it is in celsius. I use celsius in my car because I am having hard time understanding US measurement systems.

k
Old 11-25-1998, 09:35 AM
Tony

AoA are you lisening? Send this to the U.S. Send it with the TV option and i'll try to trade in my 1998 A4 as soon as its available. Even if the TV only works while the vehicle is stationary i'll still do it. Audi has the operatunity(sp) to be the first to offer this in America.
Old 11-25-1998, 10:04 AM
CH

Actually, there are many standard din-sized unit available right now. It's looks like a normal CD player and push a button...viola! It slides out and you can flip up the tv/gps/etc any which way. Only a few come with tuners..it wraps around the rear window. Really slick, I'll post pictures when I get mine!

Quick Reply: PIC: A4 DASH with Navigation System (available in Germany)