A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Poor Service at Negherbon Audi

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-1999, 10:14 AM
RichardP

Default Poor Service at Negherbon Audi

I purchased my 1996 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro from Negherbon Audi in Oakland, CA and, mainly for the convenience of the location, have had it serviced there for 45,000 miles. That have been consistently disappointing since the 15,000 mile service. First it was the dashboard which warped in the sun and was replaced under warranty. Negherbon fitted it badly (gaps everywhere) and the A/C and cigarette lighter didn't work afterwards. When I took it back in they said the A/C was OK, but I persisted and eventually they conceded there was a problem and fixed it. When I got the car back it was missing a small center hubcap on one wheel (it has the four ring logo on it). They ordered a new one for me at the last service six weeks ago but of course I've heard nothing from them as to whether it has arrived. Other problems that they have avoided fixing include bad radio reception ("Use the 'DX" switch on the radio"), a rattle from the exhaust ("We drove the car but couldn't hear it") and repeated requests at service time to fix the cigarette lighter ("It's a short circuit"). Some of these problems are officially recognized by AoA and service centers have been notified of them.

I've had enough and won't be taking my car there again.
Old 08-18-1999, 10:27 AM
Adam S

Default Re: Poor Service at Negherbon Audi

I bought my 99.5 A4 Avant from Sonnen Motors in San Rafael. I had a great buying experience (no service needed yet) and the service department seemed really good. They were friendly and helpful. You might try giving them a call. I would definitely recommend this dealer for a new car purchase.
Old 08-18-1999, 10:36 AM
GB

Default mixed feelings

They replaced a headliner on my 97 a4 2.4qm, they order the wrong color originally.
After 2 weeks it has begun to rattle and chirp like mad....they will be re-doing it with certainty...My other experiences have been positive. They call when they're supposed
to and they keep me abreast of anything that may be of concern. The jury is still out,
pending on the outcome of the headliner debacle...

-GB
Old 08-18-1999, 02:17 PM
Audiboy

Default I only went there once only to find out that they didn't do half the work they said they did..(long)

I brought it there because I bought my A4Q there in 96. I brought it back because I had mysterious tar on my windows the first time I rolled it down - car had about 3k miles. Also, I asked them to check some oil stains on the intake manifold. Then I requested that the car be tinted as they said they can take care of this too when I bought my car.
After a long BART ride and 5 blocks of jogging to pick my car up the next day, the only thing done was the window tar. Well, at least they did not do the tint as that is highly noticeable. I thought they had the oil residue checked too. Also, they didn't even clean the car. Not that it was dirty, but no effort was at all to clean it. Worst part, they cashed a $250 check for not tinting my windows and it took me over 4 months to get a refund.

To make a long story short, I had been taking my car to Steven's Creek (Anderson Behel) which was referred by another Audi budy. The first time I took it there for the 7500 service. The first thing they told me was they suspected I had a slight oil leak because there was residue on my air intake, so they replace the valve cover gaskets. I never seen that oil residue again. Plus, I get a loaner car or at least they have shuttle service.

Funny thing, the sales manager who sold me my car in Negherbon worked at Anderson-Behel the next year.