A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Westchester/Southern CT A4 Group - POSSIBLE EVENT (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-1999, 10:53 AM
JimV

Default Westchester/Southern CT A4 Group - POSSIBLE EVENT (long)

I'm in agreement that we need a Westchester/Southern CT group.

The NE group is way up in Boston and the Metro NY group is generally in New Jersey and that big hudson river is a pain to cross : ). There is a lot of distance between the two groups and plenty of A4s in our area and scenic parks and drives to do events.

In any case, I just started putting together an html page which I was hoping to get the NE Group to endorse but if there is a hope for a westchester group, we may be able to do it under that moniker (with any other group free to attend of course!)

The Westchester Sports Car Club holds events all the time. Things like TSD Rallys, AutoX and picnics but they are very diverse in their car choices. I did their "Bunny Rally' around Easter and it was lots of fun (The cars varied from Caddy's to Suburbans to CRXs. What I want to do for their October 23rd Halloween Rally is get the NE Group behind it and have a good turn out of A4s.

The WSCC does all the work laying out the rally and providing all the good stuff like insurance and we have a pre-rally picnic (they rally after dark) and then do the rally. They start at the Kensico Damn so its ideal for a picnic/meet.

I sent word to Mike Berger at the NE Group but I know he is very busy at work so he can't do a lot of work on it anyway, and being up in Massachussets it may not even be interesting for him since its 3 hours away. Why spend 3 hours doing a rally only to drive home another 3.

So this leads to the possibility of a New A4 group in Westchester and already having an event ready to go.

What do you think?
October 23rd
Likely to be at Kensico Damn
Picnic and Car Gathering prior to the Rally
send Email to jvoros@mindspring.com with 'New A4 Group' in your subject and I can put together a list.
Old 08-05-1999, 10:54 AM
Rob MacK

Sounds great to me! Count me in & email w/ further detail as time approaches
Old 08-05-1999, 11:01 AM
Jenner

Default I'm in!

NT
Old 08-05-1999, 11:20 AM
Mark P

Default PLEASE SUGGEST a name I should use to set up the email distribution list (more)

Assuming there are no objections, I will be setting up an email distribution list this evening for the New A4 Group.

I will post the address when it is set. If you would like, email me and I will let you know what it is.

!!!!Please suggest a name to use when creating the list!!!!
Old 08-05-1999, 11:51 AM
Peter Brennan

Default Re: Westchester/Southern CT A4 Group - POSSIBLE EVENT (long)

I'm there. shouldn't we arrange a meet prior. Possibly at the Kensico dam. I know some really nice roads in the area which would be perfect for A4's.

Please e-mail me with the particulars.
Old 08-05-1999, 11:52 AM
JimV

Default Westchester and Southern Connecticut A4 Group

Go to:
http://www.mindspring.com/~jvoros/index.html

This is temporary but its a start.

I though of Westchester and Fairfield A4 Group but the short wording of that could put us in a different group.

I can put info up on my site until we find something more permanent.
Thanks!!
Old 08-05-1999, 12:01 PM
AdrianZ

Default Re: Westchester/Southern CT A4 Group - POSSIBLE EVENT (long)

I'm in !
Old 08-05-1999, 12:28 PM
costasz

Default Can I bring my M Coupe ?

The A4 is the wife's car.
Old 08-05-1999, 12:33 PM
Jenner

Default That was pretty lame IMHO

NT
Old 08-05-1999, 12:36 PM
Todd W

Default Then shouldn't your wife be the one visiting here? NT :)

Quick Reply: Westchester/Southern CT A4 Group - POSSIBLE EVENT (long)