A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Windshield Wipers

Old 12-04-2016, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wipers

Hello everyone. I am new here and I recently bought a 2001 A4 quattro 1.8. I am having problems with my windshield wipers cycling and at times stop in the middle of the window. I can't find the other thread. My lights and everything else works but even changing the wiper switch It still continues with the cycling. Any help would be great.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

May be the wiper transmission and/or motor. First I'd change the inserts or the wiper blades. Then lube the wiper transmission. Remove the rubber strip holding the cover over the wiper assembly, and then the cover. I sprayed lithium grease on the moving parts using a long nozzle. This may help temporarily. Otherwise, the assembly needs to be removed and transmission and/or motor replaced. Not too many screws, but difficult to maneuver out. I slightly damaged my coolant reservoir, so be mindful of anything in the way.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you do take the transmission out, before you buy a new one, your old one can be quite easily rebuilt. You will need some gear pullers but they are cheap compared to the price of a new unit. I can provide some direction should you decide to go that route.

Search this Thread