A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B5 Audi A4 produced from 1995-2001 B5 FAQ

Winter floor mats -- try Saab mats (long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-1999, 07:09 PM
Spielmobile

Default Winter floor mats -- try Saab mats (long)

In frustration, I tried out the winter mats from my previous car, a 96 Saab 900 SE. They're Saab OEM -- nice quality, heavy duty black/charcoal. If you put the left front on the right side and vice versa, they fit pretty damn good. They may just be staying unless someone tells me something better.

Yes, I have read all of the archives on this. For the record, Audi will NOT be manufacturing any more rubber winter floor mats due to some liability b.s. They don't have any problem making cars with enough horsepower to send the Clydesdales to space, but floor mats -- those are dangerous.

I bought the LLTeks. The back ones are 2 different shapes and sizes for some reason and the gray color kind of clashes with my Opal Gray interior. I've seen those Weathertechs but they're kind of odd looking. Anyone know anything better?
Old 12-20-1999, 08:13 PM
rt124

Passat mats fit, but lathes in wrong place, but can be adjusted (nt)
Old 12-20-1999, 08:16 PM
RPF

Default Which LLtek mats?

I bought the LLtek winter or MS or whatever they're called mats and I'm shickled titless with them (except for the price and the garish logo, which I think no one notices but the proud owner). I'll probably leave them in year 'round and have a pristine set of original Audi mats to adorn my car when I sell it in about 10 years.

They don't have the industrial rubber mat look of the Weathertechs, and they sort of mold to the footwells with use, after an initial impression that they're "too big" (my ex used to complain about this.....). They are really stiff (I won't pursue this..) and when your take them out to clean them they come out sort of like a cookie sheet, and don't go all limp (uh.......) and spill debris on the expensive carpet.

I better quit while I'm ahead (so to speak).

Bill Houston
99.5 2.8 Avant QMS
Old 12-20-1999, 09:47 PM
Bing

Default Re: Which LLtek mats?

I have the MS floor mats form LLtek in my '00 1.8T avant. the front mats seem to fit pretty well and mold to the foot wells but the back floor mats are a little goofy. the trunk mat doesn't allow use of the D-rings for cargonets and is a simply square but they get the job done.
Old 12-21-1999, 05:26 AM
PM

Default Love my weathertechs with my Onyx interior. they hold boatloads of crap

and they clean up very easy. I think that they look pretty darn good. They also get alot of compliments from my friends/relatives. They are all wonder ing "What the heck are those?" I tell them about them and they want to order them also. I think that they are a good investment because they protect your carpet so well. YMMV!
pat
00 A41.8tQMSX & weathertechs
Old 12-21-1999, 06:52 AM
Another Drew

Default The Passat's is same as the ones Audi used to make

I have the OEM Audi's winterfloormats for the A4 and I lost the driver's side somewhere. So when I someone told me that the passats fit, I checked them out. The outline of the floormat is identical to the A4's but floorclips aren't in the same spot. The mats don't slide around so it's fine.

They run about $50 for the fronts. Oh yeah, the rears don't match so don't buy the rears.

Drew
00 S4
98 A4 sold
Old 12-21-1999, 07:01 AM
Ed

Default Have Opal grey, and have the LLteks...

I have a silver A4 w/opal grey interior, and bought the LLtek wintermats. Love them! They provide better coverage than the OEM ones AND the color looks so good that when I've told people about them, they didn't even notice...they thought it was OEM.

I'm keeping these in 3 of 4 seasons of the year. But, even though they are "wintermats" the top side is made of low pile carpet (bottom side of rubber), and if I didn't go skiing so much I would keep them in 4/4 seasons. I don't think the low pile carpet could quite handle the amount of snow and mud I can abuse it with.

I've thought about the Passat winter mats, and have heard that they are a perfect fit, other than the VW logo of course. =)

HTH
Ed
1.8TQMS
Old 12-21-1999, 08:55 AM
Bonnie

Default I have clear plastic mats....

That I keep on all year. You can see the OEM mats under them. I have had them in all my cars, and they are great for keeping everything off the OEM mats and carpeting, and cost me $10.00 for all 4 at Toyota, when I had a Camry. I have the weathertech rubber mats as well, but they are heavy and hide the OEM look.
Old 12-21-1999, 08:56 AM
A. Udi

Have you done it? Can you post details, photos? Looks like a FAQ
Old 12-21-1999, 07:39 PM
RPF

I cut a couple of "custom" holes in the trunk mat for the cargo net D rings

Quick Reply: Winter floor mats -- try Saab mats (long)