AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/)
-   -   Worse car to be stuck behind on twisty country road...Buick LeSabre (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b5-platform-discussion-1/worse-car-stuck-behind-twisty-country-road-buick-lesabre-113594/)

Arch57 10-13-2001 02:39 PM

Worse car to be stuck behind on twisty country road...Buick LeSabre

bugbbq 10-13-2001 02:55 PM

newp. Winnebago.

at least you can see past the buick.

RKA 10-13-2001 02:59 PM

It's not the vehicle...it's the idiot behind the wheel!

What gets me is when they drive 5 mph UNDER the speed limit, and the ROLL through the first stop sign they come to?!??? If you're gonna break a law, break the dumb ones, but don't break the important ones! ;-)

James R. 10-13-2001 03:01 PM

Tractor trailer trying to pass other trailers on the Autobahn takes the cake

many stretches of the autobahn are two lanes only...one to drive in, one to pass in. Turns out that most of the commerical trucks are governed (limited top speed) most of them are going balls out or just under. So when one of them decides to pass another...the speed differential is SOOOO painfully small it can take literally minutes for the whole transaction to complete.

Here's something else interesting about Germany...

It's against the law to wash your cars on Sunday...

It's illegal to mow you lawn beyond 7 PM...I think the hours are 7AM to 7PM anything before or after and you could be cited...my friend was telling me about how he was chewed by his neighbor for for mowing at like 7:10 ;-)

The truck drivers are limited in terms of the amount of time they're allowed to drive (something we dont' have here in the US) According to my good friend in Germany...the trucks actually have a recorder behind the speedo...a paper wheel that turns and a pen which writes the speed, so if you're pulled over by the police they can tell right away if you've been driving over the time limits...and they can tell if you've been speeding.

Pretty scary stuff ehh :-) I gotta get over there...I'll sit behind a lot of trucks just for the opportunity to go balls out on the highway ;-)

Regards,

James R.

Zed 2.0 10-13-2001 03:44 PM

I got stuck behind a big ratty ass school bus with "Jesus" painted on the back on Hwy 1.

No fun at all. He did about 15 under the entire time I was behind him, and blocked my view every time I tried to pass. Good think I was in a crappy grand prix rental instead of my Audi, or I mighta gone postal.

eMKay (BFLO) 10-13-2001 04:35 PM

Chevy F'ing Venture! Dammit I hate those things.

A4Bunny 10-13-2001 05:03 PM

Suburban so big it blots out the sun. Driver on cell phone weaving erratically.

Twister 10-13-2001 06:49 PM

A bus full of kids. Stop. Sit. Accelerate to 20mph. Stop. Sit. Repeat ad nauseum...

WYSIWYG 10-13-2001 08:53 PM

dingster's

Pelican Pete 10-13-2001 10:25 PM

Toyota Echo

Not only is it slow, but it is hideous to look at!

I had to contend with one today as I was leaving the NYCMAAG meeting.

-- P.