A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

3.0 Vacuum line problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.0 Vacuum line problem

CEL came on. Looked at vacuum hoses and noticed one that wasn't connected to anything. It's the one hi-lighted with yellow. It's located in back of the 3.0 and descends down behind the engine. Any ideas where this one belongs?
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2010, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Don't know about the vacuum line, but please, splash some oil or something on that engine. It is way too clean.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Probably came out un-hook from factory, that's brand new...
Old 05-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lyleswk
Don't know about the vacuum line, but please, splash some oil or something on that engine. It is way too clean.
It just had its annual bubble bath.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mitsum
Probably came out un-hook from factory, that's brand new...
It's an 02, just looks new.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry, realy can't help with your problem, but let me know when you sell the car.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MB-262
CEL came on. Looked at vacuum hoses and noticed one that wasn't connected to anything. It's the one hi-lighted with yellow. It's located in back of the 3.0 and descends down behind the engine. Any ideas where this one belongs?
There's a vacuum hose diagram on the top of the ECU cover, although part of mine has peeled away. It looks like the hose goes to a vacuum valve attached to the rear of the passenger side head. I had a look at my A4, but couldn't get a real good look because of all the other stuff blocking the view & I didn't want to start 'digging'. HTH
Old 05-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Problem solved.

Originally Posted by Stephen Kormilo
There's a vacuum hose diagram on the top of the ECU cover, although part of mine has peeled away. It looks like the hose goes to a vacuum valve attached to the rear of the passenger side head. I had a look at my A4, but couldn't get a real good look because of all the other stuff blocking the view & I didn't want to start 'digging'. HTH
The line wasn't connected to anything. I had changed the engine oil a month prior and found a plastic plug on the belly pan. Couldn't find where it belonged, so I put it in my toolbox. Well, finally figured out that it plugged the end of the vacuum line. Now the car runs perfectly fine after I changed all the hoses. Does anyone have a pic of the vacuum hose diagram. Mine is completely gone.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The line wasn't connected to anything. I had changed the engine oil a month prior and found a plastic plug on the belly pan. Couldn't find where it belonged, so I put it in my toolbox. Well, finally figured out that it plugged the end of the vacuum line. Now the car runs perfectly fine after I changed all the hoses. Does anyone have a pic of the vacuum hose diagram. Mine is completely gone.
I also have a 2.4 B6 audi, it has low power on full pedal and often shuts idle off after first start. I had my MAF changed but that did not help. The VAG- recognised the left bank cam-sensor to be implausible. I also changed that but did not clear the code.It does not want to move but only idles and barely shifts on standing position.Any help?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

I created a pdf document of the Vacuum Diagram from the info in my Bentley, which I have attached to this post. It looks like the hose should go to one of the Secondary Air Inlet vacuum valves (#4 on the diagram). I'm not sure what effect this valve might have on the performance of your engine, but it has to be there for some reason. HTH
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Vacuum Diagram.pdf (116.0 KB, 3215 views)

Quick Reply: 3.0 Vacuum line problem