A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

car shudders at low rpm while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would an indicator light not come on

if ATF was low ?
Old 12-02-2016, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2009 Audi A3 2.0T

My car, within the past 2 months started doing the same thing. Whenever I accelerate between 1500-2000 rpm and with the accelerator 1/4-1/2 pressed, I really notice a jerking/shuttering. If I floor it, there is no hesitation. Only when the accelerator is pressed moderately.

I can rule out the coils as I had all of them replaced at the Audi Dealership not too long ago.

Did anyone figure out the root cause? How to remedy the issue?
Old 10-21-2018, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Fixed ?

Originally Posted by Plane_Smart
My car, within the past 2 months started doing the same thing. Whenever I accelerate between 1500-2000 rpm and with the accelerator 1/4-1/2 pressed, I really notice a jerking/shuttering. If I floor it, there is no hesitation. Only when the accelerator is pressed moderately.

I can rule out the coils as I had all of them replaced at the Audi Dealership not too long ago.

Did anyone figure out the root cause? How to remedy the issue?

Did u manage to fix the problem, just bought an a5 1.8t, your problem describes mine in 100%
Old 10-26-2018, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

man i have been researching this same issue for my 06 Audi A3. Everything is leading to either a Vaccum Leak or VVT-I Actuator. My local shop has no clue what is going on. Frustrating...
Old 12-08-2018, 11:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2010 Audi A4 B8...Manual

Right..

I have an 2010 Audi A4. I sent my car in for repairs as it had the same problem. The mechanics litterly rebuilt my entire engine. I got my car back with the same problem... my launch diagnostics picked up a cylinder misfire, although the fact that it goes away after a certain RPM takes the issue to the fuel side of the car. Understanding how fuel injectors work, they have different spray patterns at different RPM. Note: My car has brand new spark plugs. I changed the ignition coil and still the same. I sent my injectors in to be checked and they were all fine. As i read on the forum, this could be a torque issue on the drivetrain. A wobble in the driveshaft can cause this issue. I will update soon as my car is still at the mechanics (3 months later).
Old 12-08-2018, 11:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Noah Nell
Right..

I have an 2010 Audi A4. I sent my car in for repairs as it had the same problem. The mechanics litterly rebuilt my entire engine. I got my car back with the same problem... my launch diagnostics picked up a cylinder misfire, although the fact that it goes away after a certain RPM takes the issue to the fuel side of the car. Understanding how fuel injectors work, they have different spray patterns at different RPM. Note: My car has brand new spark plugs. I changed the ignition coil and still the same. I sent my injectors in to be checked and they were all fine. As i read on the forum, this could be a torque issue on the drivetrain. A wobble in the driveshaft can cause this issue. I will update soon as my car is still at the mechanics (3 months later).
If all else fails. Change the drive shaft as it is a possible bad inner CV
Old 01-21-2019, 01:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did anyone get the bottom of this.

Im having similar issues. Its not so much a vibration but a bad jerk when setting off from stationary. As soon as driving the car drives fine.

Also gets worse when the car has warmed up.

Ive been pointed towards Transmission control module. And also potential low trans fluid.

Car is pretty much unsafe to drive as cant pull out of juctions.

Please help.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Have you found the actual cause? I am having the same problem!!HELP!!!

HELP!!i am facing the same problem on my 2014 Audi A3 sedan!! I visited many forums all speculating on coil packs, CV Shafts, spark plugs, flywheel, clutch. May I know what was the solution for yours?

Originally Posted by Noah Nell
Right..

The following users liked this post:
sejone63 (01-07-2020)
Old 05-03-2019, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

This issue appears to plague many models. Mine is a B9 with 20k miles and the issue started at 15k miles. Had my driveshaft replaced and still have the issue. Anyone here been able to resolve? My next move is to get coil packs and spark plugs swapped out.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Same Issue here FIXED

I have a 2001 a6 c5 Quattro 4.2. I know this is not the place from my car but I am having the same issue. I have replaced struts, axles, driveshaft rebuilt and rebuilt transmission. I have rear diff/carrier mount bushings on the way. I suspect mine is in the rear differential now. The gears in there must be worn and at that RPM they are in a state of flux meaning that they don't have enough torque on them to keep them from vibrating around. If I step on the gas I can easily accelerate out of this hard shutter. ITS NOT SPARK OR COIL PACK RELATED!! it's mechanical. When I figure this out I will post my findings back here for all of you.

Fixed. So I took my Audi back to the trans shop that rebuilt my trans. Told them I still have a shudder. They drove and felt shudder. They replaced the torque converter, rebuild valve body and replaced what they call a PWM Pulse Width Modulator. I am not sure which one fixed the shudder but my shudder is gone and the car runs very smooth now!

Last edited by sejone63; 01-07-2020 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Fixed the shudder in A6

Quick Reply: car shudders at low rpm while accelerating