A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Help guys! newbie`s Audi a4 b6 1.9 TDI problem

Old 03-18-2019, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help guys! newbie`s Audi a4 b6 1.9 TDI problem

Hi guys and girls,
first of all i would like to say that i really like this forum and all the info i got from here.
I bought an audi a4 b6 2002 96 kw 130 ks 1.9 TDI a few months ago.
It is my first car and i have no real knowledge about cars. Everything was fine until a month ago `Kühlmittel` sign popped up on the board computer. and the cabin heater stopped working, also the temperature of the engine would not rise normally and it would heat up in the hills. Since i live in a third world country the service car problematic is really complicated. They tend to screw you over a bit more then in the first world countries.
Anyway i took it to a repair shop that a trusted friend recommended and the mechanic did his magic and all of the above problems were gone, at least i though so.
`Kühlmittel` started again a week ago , and all the same symptoms as at first. I did not have the time to take it to the mechanic and two days ago it started randomly turning off. Then it showed `OIL DRUCK` sometimes when the shut down would happen.
After the second shutdown i turned the car off and parked it right away. I tried starting it a few times after that and sometimes it would start and sometimes not really, or it would start and shut down after a few seconds.
I called my preferred mechanic and he came to look at the car. He did not really mess with the engine as much as he did with the `zeder` lock under the steering-wheel. That made me even more suspicious about his car knowledge and legitimacy in the whole situation. Also he was babbling about how will not start until the engine heater light shows up on the dashboard. The other `mechanic` that i talked to said it is time for a timing belt replacement. Keep in mind this is a car with 270 000 km on his name. And the previous owner replaced the timing belt 30 000 km ago.I don`t know who to trust or what to think about what`s happening . Car does not make any weird noises and the `Kühlmittel` error is gone now since i filled the permant tank . I did notice when i go over 4000 rpm it does give it a weird sound but nothing too bad. As i sad i am not the car expert. Please guys and girls help if you know how. Who to trust? What might be the issue ? etc.

Thank you for your time,
much love,
Darko