A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Replacement faceplates for dials and switches

Old 02-22-2011, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement faceplates for dials and switches

Hello. I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this has already been disucssed. I'm looking to replace faceplates on some of my dials and switches. The rubberized paint of these are rubbing off, especially on the headlight dial, making the interior look really worn. I spoke to my local Audi dealer and they said I would need to get the whole dial replaced (i.e. including the electronic parts). Is there an alternative as I would like to replace a few of them in my car.

BTW, I have an Audi B6 3.0 Quattro 2004 with factory Nav.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I asked this same question before. I was told the only way is to buy buttons that aren't worn or re-spray them yourself. You can buy a paint that looks very similar to the rubberized coating thats in our cars. Search the forum with your question and a DIY should come up about re-spraying buttons. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by REDixon87
I asked this same question before. I was told the only way is to buy buttons that aren't worn or re-spray them yourself. You can buy a paint that looks very similar to the rubberized coating thats in our cars. Search the forum with your question and a DIY should come up about re-spraying buttons. Good luck.
Thanks. I'll try that.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Im new to the site as well. But i have the same issue in mine, but the only alternative i've come up with is looking on ebay for the switches you want to replace. My climate control is having that problem along with my window buttons. Found a few brand new consoles for around $200. Dunno if your wanting to save alot of money or not. But hope that helps.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Since I work as a sourcing agent in China, I found a couple of places that sells various Audi after market parts including the likes of switches. I found them to be pretty cheap in comparison to the OEM's you get from the dealers. The only problem is they have minimum order quantities. Sometimes upto 100pcs. I think I would be able to negotiate lower quantities with them but I would still need to buy more than 1. You guys think we would be able to get a group buy or something like that going. I mean would that be of interest to anyone??
Old 09-26-2012, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Replacement buttons/switches

Originally Posted by Slappy67
Since I work as a sourcing agent in China, I found a couple of places that sells various Audi after market parts including the likes of switches. I found them to be pretty cheap in comparison to the OEM's you get from the dealers. The only problem is they have minimum order quantities. Sometimes upto 100pcs. I think I would be able to negotiate lower quantities with them but I would still need to buy more than 1. You guys think we would be able to get a group buy or something like that going. I mean would that be of interest to anyone??
I know this is an old post, but I would be in for a group buy like this. I have 2 b6's that need several replaced.