A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Just got word that Neuspeed has completed and released their chip for the 02

Old 02-12-2002, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got word that Neuspeed has completed and released their chip for the 02

Call them for info. That's all I'm gonna say.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My concern is that AWE has opened the door for other companies to release a product that

might not be ready for general consumer use, just because they feel the pressure to enter the market ASAP now that others are out there. It's like other computer softeware - time to market rules over every other concern. I am not saying that this is what Neuspeed is doing, but just thinking out loud.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:44 PM

Default I just post the info for the consumer to read and make their own judgement call

I'm not getting involved w/ this debate.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default I don't want to get in the thick of it either. I hope and think the smart buyers will wait for a

selection of chips to choose from. Any power bump is going to feel good, but we don't have anything to compare it with. Obviously Garret has been hard at work and is to be congratulated for being the first to market. Let's see what the other chip makers come up with, and let each product stand on it's own merits.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Someone has to be first. I'm sure we will hear which chips don't work.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:10 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Just a remarkable coincidence.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think most people will wait and compare. We are smart buyers - we bought an Audi didn't we? :-)
Old 02-12-2002, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm confused about chip makers/retailers (more)

Can someone please explain to me the relationship with AWE, Neuspeed, Garret, and GIAC (I thought this was Garret, but know I'm just feeling stupid) and APR. TIA.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default But we're forgetting some history here...

Neuspeed spent at least 6 more months than the other main tuners dialing in their 2000 DBW chip a couple years ago. The reason? They felt that the other tuners HAD been too fast to market, and they wanted their chip to be the best it could be. They stuck to their guns that time, I doubt they've changed their philosophy, they have so many lines of product, for so many VW/Audi models that they hardly rely on the chip income alone like some tuners. I don't think they have any illusion about cracking the "two party system" we have now. Nuespeed, You guys at AMS/Abt, Wett and even (I suppose) that Upsolute chip are all the "unorthodox" choices that have a relatively small user base. There's not the same pressure to rush a product to market when you are a niche (of a niche) market.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:48 PM

Default Very very well put Jason! That's the point, they (neuspeed) have a reputation

to uphold...they've been in the car tuning business for quite some time now...and why would they risk "rushing" to put something out on the market if their name is at stake.

The chip business is not primary to the company's success. It is merely an ehancement to their product line. The don't opt for scramble boards on their chips because that in itself cost extra moneyw which is passed onto the public.

To be honest with you, they sell a heck of a lot of chips for the VW/Audi's and not ALL of these people are frequenter of these boards. So they (the end consumer) could careless...they buy the product based on the company's history. I hope for everyone's sake, that there truly is more than one way to skin this "cat". Who knows, this may be the mellower alternative to the engine's capabilities...but at what expense would you go to extract that little bit more?

I'm sure all of you will make the right decisions.

As for the sudden coincidental release of these chips...I think you know why April

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just got word that Neuspeed has completed and released their chip for the 02