A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Looking for all 3.0 owners.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought one yesterday. No performance mods. 2003 quattro 3.0, automatic trans. Be nice to have references to turn to if something comes up. Higher miles, 179k, with timing belt /chain (not sure which it has) and AWD serviced.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi all. The family added a Black 2003 A4 3.0 6mt to the stable a few months ago. 160k mi, stock except for raceland coilovers and mufflers deleted. Those mods were courtesy of the previous owner and I would welcome suggestions for suspension and mufflers. Maybe even full exhaust because recurring bank 1 and 2 cat effeciency codes keep coming back.

I did the timing belt kit + thermostat, but saved the seals for later use because everything was dry. Replaced the coolant temp sensor, valve cover gaskets, snub mount, drivers side front axle, drivers front lower control arm, all new vac lines, spark plugs, fuel filter, drivers window controls, and fog lights. Changed the oil, coolant, and transmission fluid (Audi fluid). I have new tie rod ends but haven't installed them yet.

Still need to fix a power steering leak, rear diff fluid change, figure out the vacuum pump actuator, and put a new glove box in.

I'm happy to join this proud group of 3.0 owners!
Old 11-09-2015, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just joined.

Please add my username, dbutler201, to your list.

I have a 2005 A4 Quattro S-line Cabriolet with the 3.0L V6.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi just joined got 2003 A4 3.0 quattro with snaped timming belt. Any idea where the timming belt marks are.
All help needed
Old 11-10-2015, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by djdado78
Hi just joined got 2003 A4 3.0 quattro with snaped timming belt. Any idea where the timming belt marks are.
All help needed
Well first off, if the belt snapped or jumped at all you have several bent valves. Second, the only "mark" is on the crank pulley and the lower timing cover. The cams must be set with special tools. It CANNOT be done any other way. I would suggest starting a new thread.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default a4 03

No aftermarket..but looks like iss been in an accident so new frame pieces i believe the radiator n forward is built...uh auto 5tip lookn tbuild this one for my lady...she luvs pink...so imma do pink but tasteful pink...n.e.body know n.e.thing bout rochester ny holla... PeaCe iS SaLAaM

Originally Posted by oatzel
that's it
Old 12-24-2015, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default New guy here

2005 A4 non sport quattro
sedan
Automatic transmission
Only had it for a week
Looking for good intake and exhaust ideas to start
Old 02-20-2016, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Lolakingcole@msn.com
Brand new 2003 3.0 owner
Formally bmw 850i owner.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2003 A4 Quattro 3.0L V-6, 6-speed manual transmission. dark metallic grey,
unsure if it's the sport suspension edition or not, I'm suspecting not.

It was a beautiful creampuff of a rare find. Bought it in April 2018 with only 52K miles on it, was a garage-kept "extra car" of an elderly A8 owner who traded in both cars for a new A8. It's turned into a money pit of a troublemaker for me though. After just 1.5 years of ownership, the dual mass flywheel separated and failed. I'd just had surgery and couldn't work on it myself, so had to have a German car specialty shop put a new clutch in it. $2500 (including a couple weeks rental car) later, it was driving again beautifully. Then a few months later, in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, I was driving in a residential area on my way to my niece's house, going about 30 mph when suddenly the right front wheel flipped almost horizontal and that corner of the car dropped to the pavement as the car scraped to a halt in the middle of the road. The ball joint bolt of the load bearing lower front control arm (the one the strut/spring attaches to) had snapped in two. Later examination of the bolt showed it to be darkened and oxidized along a crack nearly halfway thru the bolt. The bolt had been cracked about halfway thru for a very long time. I'm fortunate this did not happen while driving at highway speed somewhere. Of course the remaining control arms folded up like wet spaghetti and the tire/rim and CV axle took the brunt of the force, the rim split almost in half, and it caved in the fenderwell and front of the doorframe, and the tire came halfway off the rim, and tore up the front fender. the weight of the corner of the car scraped along the sway bar and remains of the lower control arms. I replaced all the bent and broken suspension parts myself. This girl can turn wrenches. I had completely overhauled and replaced every moving part of the front suspension in my old B5 series A4 Quattro myself a few years ago and made it drive like a new car so I know a few things about Audi suspensions. I also built and flew experimental airplanes for a few years, lol!
Old 08-19-2020, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, scary failure! Glad you're OK. I had a '73 3.0 CS bimmer big coupe that I was fond of driving fast on the local curvy parkway. One day, puttering around town, I hit a small bump and the right rear shock tower blew off its top, dropping the car down on that corner. Imagining what would have happened if that failure would have occurred at 90mph gave me some pause for awhile.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for all 3.0 owners.