A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

MIAMI service

Old 04-05-2006, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIAMI service

greetings,
after suffering thru horrible experiences in booking service at The Collection and Prestige Imports, I'm looking for an independent shop.

suggestions for a good shop? the closer to miami beach, the better.

thanks!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MIAMI service

check the ratings here<ul><li><a href="http://1.8t.org/dealers/">Audi dealer ratings</a></li></ul>
Old 04-05-2006, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default i responded to your email..... NEVER EVER go to prestige

i do not trust them at all... they are cons and scam artists... they are also very very rude people....

as far as good "stealership" service... champion audi in pompano or springs does great work inho... and the collection always did good by me (when i was at the university of miami and needed a closer dealership)

my preference is always to go to champion though.

if my car broke down in NMB right in front of prestiges dealership ... i would literally call a tow company and tow my car to pompano and i'm not kidding.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was a tech at Prestige for a year, the techs aren't crooks or scam artists

, as far as the dealership as a whole or the service writers, I honestly can't say.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default from what my parents tell me... shady business happened there in the past

that said... my parents have been in south florida for 30 or more years... so i'm not sure when...

but the dealership has a bad rep...

as far as shady stuff i saw...

i was close to getting a tt225 6 speed... it ended up being too small for my needs... but in my search for it... the tt225 was very hard to come across with the options i wanted and color choices...

searching on autotrader daily i finally came across a cpo tt225 at prestige... because of what my parents always told me about that dealership i was skeptical, but wanted the car bad enough to go there... so i get there and locate the car on the lot without going to find someone just to make sure the ad was right and i don't get hassled for no reason.... i see the car sitting there with the cpo hang tag looks perfect... price was (don't remember too well i think 22,500)... i figured maybe i can work them down to 21 ish and we'll see what happens...

guy comes over with keys and the passenger door is stuck shut, the driver's door works though so i get in and look... the car had no pedals... and the interior smells (it was a smoker's car), and lastly they had a pet with claws... millions of tiny holes in the back seat from the pet...

as a reputable dealer there is no way in hell this car is cpo material...

but let's move on anyway...

so i said how much will you let this car go for ... the guy was like 24,500 ... 26,500 if you want it cpo'ed... i said on autotrader is 22,500 with a cpo...

then they start with the lies and the bs... pulling out books showing me well this is what it gets at auction, etc...

long story short... carfaxed the car that night to see if anything was fishy and it was reported to have mileage fraud because the odometer was reset...

now im thinking i know prestiges carfaxes cars before they take them in ... because they ran one on mine...

so what gives... they know the car had fraud... they have a cpo hangtag then they aren't honoring it.... they lied about the price by 4 grand... the car doesnt even have pedals... the door is stuck shut... and it's a smokers car

it is official my car has never been touched by them... nor will it even if i break down in NMB and have to pay for towing elsewhere...

p.s. they also stamp a prestige badge on the back of their cars... and drill a front plate with their advertisement into front bumbers.... 2 practices i look down on greatly

p.p.s. the salesman who helped me (he wasn't making up the numbers that was the bogus manager)... the salesman was really nice... he has since left prestige for champion
Old 04-06-2006, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default That reminds me...as a tech I CPO'd 2-3 cars that needed repairs to

pass the CPO process, and none of the repairs were made, but the cars were still sold as CPO cars, on came back and they tried to hang it on me, until I informed them that I documented the problems and repairs were never performed. I do stand behind most of the techs there though.
Old 04-06-2006, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default yeah i wasn't attempting to speak of the techs or service department

that wasn't their deal to hang the cpo tag and pull it down when someone was interested.... that was all the sales department...

i just found it fishy that a car with a cpo tag on the lot .. had no pedals and had a door absolutely stuck shut...

i also remember champion talking to me one time about cpo cars and how they work and what basic things would go into making a car cpo worthy...

the assumption was a smoker's car could never be a cpo car, so im not sure what the deal was with that either