AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b6-platform-discussion-34/)
-   -   My MTM Stage 2 arrived this morning. Too bad Hoppen forgot to include the injectors : ( (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b6-platform-discussion-34/my-mtm-stage-2-arrived-morning-too-bad-hoppen-forgot-include-injectors-2324105/)

Avantéix 03-26-2004 10:38 AM

damn you!

i really need to work on Mike and get him to buy into that IkonMotorsportCanadia idea... lol...

alipor 03-26-2004 10:41 AM

LOL Keep trying.

teutonic blur 03-26-2004 10:52 AM

Are you sure there's an MTM chip inside that ECU?...man you ARE cursed ;=D

A4NCAR 03-26-2004 10:56 AM

Well, by the marks on the ECU box, it looks like something was done to it ; )

I'll soon know. Maybe I just have to think real hard and wish I had more power to make it work.

shadyraven 03-26-2004 12:05 PM

My first APR chip was a dud. Had to send ECU back for "rechipping".

A4NCAR 03-26-2004 12:08 PM

Don't tell me that. You'll jinx mine ; )

A4NCAR 03-26-2004 12:54 PM

UPDATE: Looks like time is running out for me to get the injectors.

And now there's mention from Michael that there may have been miscommunication between them and I might have a Stage 1 upgrade only. It makes perfect sense for Hoppen to confirm the order in some way, especially when it concerns an ECM upgrade. So either way, it'll be sorted out soon hopefully. Michael has been calling them every 15mins to get a hold of Mike, but he's been out. And now Ashley isn't picking up either. Great! So if it's Stage 1, then my ECU is going back first thing Monday. And if it is a Stage 2 upgrade (I hope), then they should get the injectors shipped Monday to me. Not good for a US Dist/Importer.

Jet Jockey/A4 Pilot 03-26-2004 02:43 PM

You could open the ECU (4 screws) and see if there is a chip inside.....

Also if the car run smoothly after you install it, then it is only programmed with Stage 1. However if it runs roughly and rich then it as Stage 1+/2. Try it that way you will be able to tell Hoppen what they did. BTW have him pick up mthe transport fees if it turns out that its their mistake.

A4NCAR 03-26-2004 03:01 PM

Hey, where are you at now?

I don't doubt that there's a chip inside; just whether it is Stage 1 or 2. Hoppen will know, so I'm not going to bother installing it until we [Michael and myself] hear back from them on Monday. And you can be sure that someone else will be picking up the S/H tab. I have a feeling it is Stage 1 though. Michael thinks there may have been a misunderstanding with what I was getting. There obviously needs to be a more accurate/informative ordering system for this; dealer faxes in customer order info/details and Hoppen confirms it before doing the work. I'm almost sure though that I mentioned <i>"ECU and injectors will be shipped out today then?"</i> when Hoppen called to confirm my address.

Great story eh? Oh well, more time to deal with getting the wheels/tires mounted and installed again and finish detailing the car. My weekend is shot for driving in my MTM Stage 2 car, but hopefully by mid next week then.