A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

New first time Audi Owner story

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New first time Audi Owner story

My wife just bought the same combo as Mujo,last Monday. Black/Black CVT 1.8, 16",roof,Bose,heat seats.

We live in Michigan, the dealer got the car from Ohio.

At delivery, there was a large scratch on the lower drivers door, maybe from the porter and the buffing wheel, the transfer driver spilled pop or soda in the right side a/c vent, and there are flaws in the paint on the hood that is being repaired right now. Also, the car has 4 holes in the fascia where the plate would go, as we do not need front plates as it is the so called "motor city".

My wife was really bummed upon delivery, and though I wanted to get the car to put miles on it, she didn't want to drive the car to work with the "issues". So we have put a grand total of maybe 50 miles on the car, one drive home and one drive to the dealer. On the way to the dealer she noticed this horrible noise from the sunroof-buffeting, and summoned me from my Subaru 2.5RS, to have a listen. Man, I thought buying an expensive new car was a time for joy and fun. There was no joy as we drove it home knowing this car was not given respect from several people. I may be a bit **** about my vehicles, and own a 52,000 mile 99 GMC Sierra Pickup for darn sake without even a SCRATCH and in perfect conditon!!!! And that is not an AUDI. We purchased not leased the thing, and look forward to some fun comfortable driving.

Am I thrilled? what do you think!
Old 07-16-2002, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New first time Audi Owner story (sunroof)

Sorry to hear it - sounds like your dealer is pretty low on the quality scale (though the hood paint defects sound like a factory problem).

With the sunroof buffeting, read the manual! There is a comfort position to prevent such problems.
Old 07-16-2002, 03:18 PM

Default As for your sunroof...

If you open it all the way or close to it, it will create that booming noise from the sunroof. everybody has it. this happens at certain speeds. all you have to do is not open it all the way. meaning do not put it on the last three or four positions that open the sunroof completely.

anyways, hope you get your problems fixed. i also bought my car from ohio and i specifically made sure they didn't put in a front license plate.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:31 AM

maybe you shouldn't have accepted the car at first, the dealer messed it up
Old 07-17-2002, 12:15 PM

Default Re: New first time Audi Owner story (sunroof)

One suggestion, rules vary state-to-state, but if the car exceeds a certain amount of damage PRIOR to dealer delivery, then it has to be declared. Check with your local BBB on that. (Note, you have a jurisdiction issue so call Michigan first and see what they say..)IN GA, it's a pretty high dollar, like in the couple of thousand dollar range (if I recall). Also, do not hesistate to call Audi. The dealers get their car allocations based on their customer service and bad customer service gets them flagged in their region. Hope this helps...
Old 07-17-2002, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I will get to read the manual when I get the car back!!!