A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Not blowing air

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not blowing air

Hi all,

The problem treated in this thread is regarding the heating/cooling system in the car. I’ve talked with my mechanician and he doesn’t know what causes the problem, that’s why I’m relying on you guys.

The problem : Let’s say the air system is running and I’m driving, whenever I run the windshield washer, the air system doesn’t push air in the car anymore. I can push it at the max speed, I hear the fans running but there’s barely air blowing out. ECON mode doesn’t solve the problem. A temporary fix I found is to put it in DEFROST (front) and start the windshield washer again. While the washing the windshield and 30s after it stopped washing, everything will be normal. Then it’ll go back to not pushing air. Weird huh? It doesn’t stop here. If I get the car to a complete stop (not turning the engine off, just 0km/h speed) everything will go back to normal until I wash my windshield again. The only way to get it to work without stopping the car is to put it in recirculation mode. Seems like there’s a problem with the air input from the outside when I decide to wash my windshield.

Anybody had this problem?