Replaced fuel filter, cat and axle, fuel pump is now making a very loud noise - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A4 > A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
Reload this Page >

Replaced fuel filter, cat and axle, fuel pump is now making a very loud noise

Notices
A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replaced fuel filter, cat and axle, fuel pump is now making a very loud noise

Old 08-19-2015, 01:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Replaced fuel filter, cat and axle, fuel pump is now making a very loud noise

Hey guys an gals, I just replaced the fuel filter, axle, and cat, however I paid a shop to remove the old cat after I gave it the old college try for a few hours. Immediately after I replaced the fuel filter she started fine, although it didn't need to be primed, started right up. After the cat was removed I noticed the rail that runs along side it on the passenger side of the engine is slightly bent, and upon start up the fuel pump is making a high pitched humming/grinding noise, and the oil seems a little bubbly (brand new oil, dumb *** shop put 0w30 in it rather than 10/30 so I changed the oil and filter) should I replace the bent rail (it's not pinched, just curved) or does it sound more so that it's the fuel pump going due to running it with a clogged filter?