A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

2006 1.8T Cabrio S-Line - A few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 1.8T Cabrio S-Line - A few Questions

Hey everyone!

I am a re-entry to the Audi space after buying my daughter's first car this past week. It's a 2006 S-Line 1.8T FWD A4 Cabrio. While it's not Quattro (boooo), this car is a heck of a lot of fun and handles amazing still. I am pretty jealous!

I do have a few questions, for a newbie here. Please point me in the right search direction if necessary- I had a hard time finding what I needed when searching

1) What oil weight should I be using? I've seen multiple reports of 5w30 AND 5w40. Not sure which to get!

2) Is it true, that this car only holds 3.7 quarts of oil?? Seems silly for a boosted car!

3) Is this a B6, or a B7?? From what I can tell, it's a B6, within the B7 year range.

4) I have a warning light for a failed signal light (I'm pretty sure) but they're all working fine. Any ideas??

5) This auto transmission s WEIRD. My first run with a CVT. Anything I should know about it, looking forward?

6) The keyless entry doesn't work. Mechanic had to replace one of the floorboard computers. Specifically, the one that apparently controls interior electric. Any suggestions on getting it reprogrammed without getting O*&^*&%'d by a dealer?

7) Appears that the drivers window switches are needing replaced. From the driver's door, the passenger front window wont roll up, and, the rear quarter window doesn't work from this switch either. But, the front passenger window works brilliantly from that door, and, the rear passenger window works fine when putting the convertible top up and down (the windows go down and up automatically). Is my assumption correct that the driver's door switches are failed?

8) Any other things I should look for?

Sorry for the annoying newbie questions!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. Oil - lots of debate, I use 5w30 (in Australia) because thats what the dealer uses. The castrol and the penrite sites both claim either 5w30 or 5w40
2. quantity - 4.6 litres (from memory)
3. there is a crossover on years. The B6 had the bumper external across the front the the B7 had the bumper hidden behind the larger grill. I didn't know the US sold 1.8t B7's. In Australia we get the end of series motors in newer bodies so mine is the 1.8t in a B7 with 2005.5 plates.
4. One of the bulbs is probably non-genuine. For some reason the ECU can detect the different current draw with some (cheaper) brands. Or there's water corrosion in the bulb carrier creating a poor electrical connection.
5. No suggestions, I have the manual quattro.
6. Search this forum, there's a couple of different options to reprogramming the key memory, try them all.
7. sounds like where i would start.

Have fun, I got the B7 1.8T quattro for my son, good fun, safe car and not too quick.