A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

3.2 S-Line rear shudder

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.2 S-Line rear shudder

Ive got an 08 3.2 S-line which has an odd rear ens shudder at different speeds.
This has been there since got it so on the last service I had them check the wheel balances and had the full all-wheel realignment etc and its all set to factory specs.
I drove off down the highway and the shudder is still there.
I have just changed to a new set of 19" rims and tyres and the shudder is still there, I though it must have been wheel balance but on second set of rims/tyres and its still there Im thinking its in the drive line - where is the best place to start looking for a solution?
Old 01-13-2019, 02:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

I'm running the same wheel size on my car but just an aftermarket set and I even got hub centric rings to the measurement the shop told me I needed to buy and even after wheel balancing and rotation I still have that shudder. So I took my 08 3.2 S-line to a European car shop to see if they could figure it out and they told me I had everything I needed and that the shudder wasnt going away but I dont know how I feel about this constant shudder. I want to go back to my titanium wheels but I hit a pothole in one of them now its dented 👎🏽.
Originally Posted by Voomon
Ive got an 08 3.2 S-line which has an odd rear ens shudder at different speeds.
This has been there since got it so on the last service I had them check the wheel balances and had the full all-wheel realignment etc and its all set to factory specs.
I drove off down the highway and the shudder is still there.
I have just changed to a new set of 19" rims and tyres and the shudder is still there, I though it must have been wheel balance but on second set of rims/tyres and its still there Im thinking its in the drive line - where is the best place to start looking for a solution?