A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

A4 2006 - Cuts out randomly

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 2006 - Cuts out randomly

Hi Guys

I hope someone can help because this problem is beginning to get very annoying.

The car just suddenly switches off and shows the battery light when I either push in the clutch or idle and the needle is reaching the lowest RPMs (Which for some reason after a service my cars idle at 890 it used to be just at about 1 or below the 1.)

After the car switches off and I start it up again, it takes a while to start..... usually about 4 seconds... its beginning to get worse now and taking longer probably about 7 seconds.

Once it starts up, the EPC light goes on, and when this light it on my car idles at 1.1 RPMS. Now I'm not sure if its bad to drive with the light on but I prefer it as the car won't switch off after this light is on as the car is forever idling at high refs and can't cut out as the needle never reaches below 1. (Please let me know if driving with the EPC light is bad for the car)

I took the car in for this problem at an Audi dealership and they couldn't find the problem as its difficult to diagnose and they not sure what causes it and it didn't happen as frequently that time. I replaced the water pump as they said it might be the cause and no luck. The problem is worse now.

Would adjusting the idling of the car solve this ? and how do I do it? I have access to a X413...

I'm currently at 190k kms so the car is quite old but still drives fine and I will be getting a new one soon so I'm defiantly looking for the most cost-effective fix..

Or any help would be appreciated...

Thanks a mill.
Old 03-27-2023, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 2007 2.0tfsi quattro pretty much the same problem

Hi, I know it has been long time since u've posted this but have you been able to fix this issue?

Because my car has pretty much the same problem only difference is mine does not show any lights after it happens. Only sometimes my epc and cel light blinks whem i'm going downhill in gear and when I stop the car is stuck in high idle and I have to turn it of and on to get rid of the problem.