A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

AC won't blow cold air

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC won't blow cold air

Hey Guys, I have a 2007 A4 2.0T quattro and the AC stopped blowing cold air. Any ideas on what it may be?

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 AM
AF1
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just had this happen to me.
In my case it was a high pressure switch that failed.
Cost me $400 and some change. Front of car (bumper cover) had to come off to access.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My AC stopped blowing cold air 10 months ago. Took it to 4 different shops including Audi dealer. All of them told me it's the AC compressor, fix would be anywhere from 1k to 1500. 1 shop told me the compressor may be able to be fixed for less than a new compressor but if that's the case chances of breaking again are higher and thus a new compressor is best.

I have priced the parts from "Parts Geek" online, roughly $500. The labor is what hit's you of course. I have gone all summer here in TX without AC. AC is just 1 of MANY problems I have had with the car "06 A4 2.0T" Everything that has broken has been mechanical and some electrical, none maintenance related. I bought a lemon and have gotten the stick hard from this crap car.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

You checked the pressure switch?
Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is the pressure switch different from the flap motor, actuator motor? That advice to check was given from another AC thread on here. Vag would be able to tell for sure?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles! You didn't buy a lemon, you bought a "normal" Audi. Same as mine and others... best of luck!
Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm having the same problem too. According to Vag Com (I'm still new at this ) it's the high pressure sensor G65. Anyone know the location of this sensor on the B7? I have a 3.2L
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by speckfire
I'm having the same problem too. According to Vag Com (I'm still new at this ) it's the high pressure sensor G65. Anyone know the location of this sensor on the B7? I have a 3.2L
An enthusiast on AZ just replied to try and help me out, he wrote,
"First, why do you believe you need to replace the compressor? Instead of a faulty compressor, if the High Pressure Sensor is faulty, that will prevent the control module from allowing the compressor to be activated. It needs to be determined why the A/C cooling mode does not function properly before any parts are replaced. You won't be saving any money replacing that part if there is something else wrong with the A/C. The High Pressure Sensor is located in the inlet pipe to the refrigerant condenser, located in front of the radiator. Changing the sensor is easy, and does not cause any loss of refrigerant when the sensor is loosened."
The following users liked this post:
Gavin Keller (06-08-2020)
Old 05-02-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by imtimmy
The High Pressure Sensor is located in the inlet pipe to the refrigerant condenser, located in front of the radiator. Changing the sensor is easy, and does not cause any loss of refrigerant when the sensor is loosened."

Thanks a lot. I'm assuming that the bumper has to come off.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by speckfire
Thanks a lot. I'm assuming that the bumper has to come off.
I'm not sure if the bumper needs removal or not. So you are getting a fault on VAG for pressure sensor, any other faults come up related to AC for you? I don't have my own VAG to check what codes might come up on mine. Also could you tell me what your AC system is doing as far as does compressor go on at all, warm air only, auto mode and econ stay on, freon filled? Just want to know if we are in the same boat and hopefully just p. sensor failure. I haven't looked up yet but had asked someone on another forum if the only way to check for sensor failure is to swap it out with a new one? At least in my case since I don't have Vag. Have you priced sensor part from anywhere by chance?

Quick Reply: AC won't blow cold air