A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Advice on killing a mouse

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on killing a mouse

Apparently I have a mousing living somewhere in my car, which has started to crew up the insulation on my hood. I've also had warning lights come on for no reason, which I suspect is a result of the mouse nibbling on my wires. Has anyone had a mouse problem before, and how did you deal with it? I put some poison pellets and a mouse trap in the engine compartment near where the insulation was chewed. Additionally the dealer suggested I spray out the engine compartment with a high power sprayer, but this is the last thing I want to do. Any ideas??
Old 10-16-2006, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

stop and go driving. abrupt accelerations and decelerations
Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 PM

i hope this is a joke cause this sounds like a seinfeld episode or something.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No joke, it's causing major problems, may just sell the car.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

mousetrap?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Advice on killing a mouse

Set up sticky traps where the mouse tends to go. Set up several of them in and around the car. Keep the car parked for a prolonged period, and minimize the noise around the vehicle so that the mouse feels that it is safe enough for it to go foraging and then get caught in your trap.

I was going to suggest a pesticide "bomb", and you might need to try this if the traps don't work. (Put the car in the garage, seal off everything possible, then set off the bomb.) But you don't want to do this if you can avoid it, as an animal carcass rotting inside your car would not be a great thing. Hopefully, several well-placed traps will do the trick.

This is an odd problem, but it does happen on occasion. I had a buddy whose snake was lost inside of his car for six months, and it wasn't good...
Old 10-17-2006, 03:38 AM

Default Europeans with similar problems

Right click video link, select "save as"<ul><li><a href="http://www.audivideos.com/Videos/Media-Videos/Med-Audi_Roadrage_Weasel_Style.wmv">Video</a></li></ul>
Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stick yer cat in there...

Truthfully, I would fumigate him out.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Our garage is not attached to the house...

And we live in acerage out in the middle of the woods. Suffice to say, when we first moved in, mice were a big problem. I found a nest in my A4's engine compartment -- yikes! Although it was much worse in my old chevy pickup which I keep in a carport about 200 yards from the house. Squirrels took up residence in the engine bay, as evidenced by the shards of nuts in the air cleaner, and mice ran wild in the cab, totally destroying a polar fleece I kept in there.

We got a couple of cats who had been abandoned at the vets office where we take our dogs, and the problem has been solved. They are 100% outdoor cats, and keep all sorts of critters away from the house. They catch mice, rats, moles, shrews, chipmunks, and keep the squirrels back in the woods. They won't eat the moles or the shrews (they just kill them -- must not like the taste!), so they leave them in the side yard. This has attracted cooper's hawks, who come and eat them. Pretty cool!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:30 AM

moth *****, they hate the smell

Quick Reply: Advice on killing a mouse