A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

afternoon drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default afternoon drive

So, my blizzaks are finally off until next winter. I decided to take my car out for a drive and really push her. Here are my thoughts...

0-60
I'm running APR stock and 91 right now. I turned it back to stock and was doing 0-60 in juuuust under 7.5 seconds. With the 91 octane program turned on I was running 0-60 at a shade over 6.5. So, with the APR on it took nearly a second off of the 0-60 time. I only did it once with the car in stock and once with it in chipped mode.

Handling
This is where my biggest complaint rests. My A4 2.0T 6 speed is not an S-Line, and I don't have the sport suspension. Gosh, suspension is definitely my next purchase. I'm thinking of going with the Stasis Streetsport kit. Only because I don't think spending the extra grand for the Tracksport kit would be worth it for me. I'm just a college student that pays too much for **** like this in the first place. But I love my cars...so...gotta do it. Anyway, the car feels good for the day to day driver, but for any of us that know what it feels like to drive/ride in a car that has tuned suspension, it's just a joke. Pretty easy to oversteer with this suspension

Braking
They're good. That's all. Period. I'd like to upgrade, but we all know how expensive brakes are.

Let's see, what else did I notice...oh yeah, when accelerating between the speeds of 70 - 100 (I got it up to 120 even, but wasn't paying attentionn to this noise) I kept hearing this chu chu chu chu chu sound. Almost like my wheels weren't in balance. It sounded as if it was coming from the rear. I'll have the dealer take a look at it soon.

What's the next step for more horsepower? Exhaust? Increase the boost a few pounds?

Still loving the neuspeed short shifter and absolutely love the APR. I can't wait to put the 93 program on later in the summer. After suspension and tint. That's all from me. Signing off.

Aloha

P.S. As much as I can't stand living in Eugene, Oregon, we have some roads that would knock anyone's socks off. All of Oregon for that matter.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Question about your Neuspeed short shifter.

Does it retain the push down motion to engage reverse?
Old 04-25-2006, 09:32 PM

Default of course. only the distance between gears is shortened.

the push down motion remains the same distance and is maintained by a spring inside the shifter. if for some reason reverse doesn't engage, that's because you installed it wrong, and i guarantee that it will take you a couple times to get it right.

i have an AMS SS at 40% but all of them should work the same way.

i originally had it at 25% for a couple of weeks but i went through the hard work to try 40%. it was totally worth it. I wish that these cars came stock this way. rowing through the gears is sooo much fun now.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:44 PM

Default I've read that some manufacturers...

delete that feature. I want to make sure that I get a SS that retains that action.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!