A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Audi A4 B7 Buyers guide

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi A4 B7 Buyers guide

hello! im looking into purchasing an audi a4 but, im leery about purchasing one because ive heard "horror stories" about german cars. That theyre just too expensive to fix compared to a honda or toyota.

Im looking to find a buyers guide for this car

how many miles (kilometers) are too many?

at what miles (kilometers) do certain things break?

what is it like in the aftermarket department ? (audio/performance parts)

anything a first time audi buyer should know or anything an A4 buyer should know

p.s. ive looked for a guide and couldnt find anything and i live in germany so information would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-03-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sadfacedbunny
hello! im looking into purchasing an audi a4 but, im leery about purchasing one because ive heard "horror stories" about german cars. That theyre just too expensive to fix compared to a honda or toyota.

Im looking to find a buyers guide for this car

how many miles (kilometers) are too many?

at what miles (kilometers) do certain things break?

what is it like in the aftermarket department ? (audio/performance parts)

anything a first time audi buyer should know or anything an A4 buyer should know

p.s. ive looked for a guide and couldnt find anything and i live in germany so information would be greatly appreciated

p.s. ive looked for a guide and couldnt find anything and i live in germany so information in Kilometers would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-03-2017, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 283 Likes on 229 Posts

Compared to the typical Honda or Toyota, I think most of us Audi owners would say an Audi is less reliable and more expensive to fix.

The driving experience of an Audi though, is far and away miles better than that of a Honda or Toyota. I have owned multiple Hondas during my younger years, but once I got my first Audi, they have been the only brand my wife and I have owned since.

Regardless of that, there are examples of Audi's that have many thousands of km's on them and have been quite reliable. Most important thing is to have a good service record and history associated with whatever Audi you decide to purchase.

Buy whatever model fits your budget including setting aside money for ongoing or unexpected maintenance ( though that applies to all cars anyway). I'd suggest you buy an Audi CPO as it has a couple of extra years warranty and usually less expensive than brand new. If you are after an older model Audi, then just make sure ALL regular maintenance has been done.