A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Audi Music System - Nano Compatibility Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Music System - Nano Compatibility Problem

I am tearing my hair out over this one and hoping to find some help. We have an 2008 Audi A4 which my wife drives. It has an Audi music system with an iPod interface made by Panasonic. My wife has an Audi Nano with the 1.1.3 version software in it. The Nano worked fine in the car for about 6 months. Then, suddenly it would not play in the car any longer. It locked up and wouldn't play, though it played fine in the home player, computer, etc. Other iPod (non Nano) models worked fine in the car.

We took the Nano to Apple. They found nothing odd in the diagnostics, but gave a a new one anyway since it was under warranty. The new one didn't work either! Then we took the car and Nano to Audi. They said that Nanos don't work in A4's and sent my wife home. I pulled their own tech bulletins that said the Nano and current software version do work in the A4 music system. We took that car back and Audi made an attempt to resolve the issue, but cannot. Her Nano doesn't work in other A4's, and other Nano's don't work in our A4, but both work in other Audi models! We are at an impasse. I talked to Apple support and they say it's the car, but they don't support "third party applications" and cannot/will not help. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have to believe that some out there has a solution to this problem. I just need to locate that person.

Thank You,
Sam Platt
Old 03-19-2009, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boilermaker1
I am tearing my hair out over this one and hoping to find some help. We have an 2008 Audi A4 which my wife drives. It has an Audi music system with an iPod interface made by Panasonic. My wife has an Audi Nano with the 1.1.3 version software in it. The Nano worked fine in the car for about 6 months. Then, suddenly it would not play in the car any longer. It locked up and wouldn't play, though it played fine in the home player, computer, etc. Other iPod (non Nano) models worked fine in the car.

We took the Nano to Apple. They found nothing odd in the diagnostics, but gave a a new one anyway since it was under warranty. The new one didn't work either! Then we took the car and Nano to Audi. They said that Nanos don't work in A4's and sent my wife home. I pulled their own tech bulletins that said the Nano and current software version do work in the A4 music system. We took that car back and Audi made an attempt to resolve the issue, but cannot. Her Nano doesn't work in other A4's, and other Nano's don't work in our A4, but both work in other Audi models! We are at an impasse. I talked to Apple support and they say it's the car, but they don't support "third party applications" and cannot/will not help. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have to believe that some out there has a solution to this problem. I just need to locate that person.

Thank You,
Sam Platt
Ok, try connecting your nano to one of those cheap car adaptors and see if it plays through ur speakers. Then if thats fine i can almost gaurentee you have a loose wire from some one trying to unhook the ipod from the car and tugging to hard on the connection. If not that then its a fuse. And if thats not the problem then your wife spilled her coffee or your kids threw their juicy juice into the nano connection port
Old 03-21-2009, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I will give it a try.