AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b7-platform-discussion-69/)
-   -   Blue tooth Treo owners...need some input (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b7-platform-discussion-69/blue-tooth-treo-owners-need-some-input-2676488/)

newdriver5 06-25-2007 07:59 AM

Blue tooth Treo owners...need some input

so, over the weekend i picked up the new Treo 750 from cingular. this is my first bluetooth phone, which i know i'm behind the 8 ball on that but...the connection is great, sounds and clarity was better than i thought. I remember reading on the blue tooth compatibilit list the treo 700, didn't let the phone book download, but could have "favorites only" what does that mean? i'm still a little overwhelmed w/ the features this phone has, but i have been able to sync my outlook w/ it, and have all my contacts. is there a way for part of my contacts to scroll through the steering wheel control other than 411 and voicemail??

KneedinDoh 06-25-2007 10:04 AM

Re: Blue tooth Treo owners...need some input

Take it back.....treos and Blackberrys will regularly disconnect from Bluetooth. I think its a case of too much info and activity going on in the phone. Other problems can include.....wrong phonebook name showing on incoming call....sudden disconnect during call...and inability to reconnect. Can take several attempts to reconnect sometimes. The more features you use in Treo could result in more frequent disconnect...not proven, but seems to be the case.

This is not a car problem.

newdriver5 06-25-2007 11:07 AM

i wasn't saying it was a car problem, was looking for help on the phone side of things with exactly what were favorites? , and i probably had 2 plus hrs of talk time over the weekend with it and not one issue.

Avant4Adam 06-25-2007 04:24 PM

i have the palm os 680 which works perfectly with my b7's bluetooth. the car even grabbed the sim phone book fine. can't speak to your windows mobile 750 behavior and i wouldn't compare it to the 700 which is a completely different animal than your 750.

you might go dig around on treocentral.com or treonauts.com forums and see what others have found with the 750 and car BT.

mksap11 06-25-2007 04:57 PM

My Blackberry 8100 works perfectly. I've never experienced ANY of the issues you mention

Buckeye A4 3.2 06-26-2007 11:33 AM

My Treo 700p experienced some of the same issues...

I found that disconnects go away if I keep the phone on the "home page" vs. text or a palm app. I am trying a new Sprint download tonight which is suppose to fix bluetooth issues. I believe there are other carrier fixes as well.

Good luck

newdriver5 06-26-2007 12:17 PM

I'm not having Connection problems..phone works awesome!

I no that the phonebook doesn't download, but it will recognize favorites. my questions, where in these treos, can you save favorites, its it speed dial.. if you look at the BT compatibility list, for the 700wx, it says no for phonebook download, favorites only..that is my question.

stevial1 06-28-2007 04:21 AM

I think i know

I have the Treo wx, and yes to get the phone numbers to show up in my phone book on the car, i have to set them to speed dial. In other words, whatever phone numbers you want to show up in MMI display, you should set a speed dial for. For instance right now, you probably can only see voicemail in the car's phonebook.

Just put all the contacts that you want to show in mmi in the speed dial.

I can explain better if you like.

stevial_otto@yahoo.com