A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Can anyone confirm that Audi's iPod solution does NOT display track names?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone confirm that Audi's iPod solution does NOT display track names?

I don't think any of us are expecting it to have this capability, but it'd be nice to have a final confirmation from anyone who has picked up the unit and installed it already...
Old 12-26-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Can anyone confirm that Audi's iPod solution does NOT display track names?

Yes please do tell, as I was told by an Audi dealer that the system is a-la BMW, where you lave your iPod in the glove compartment and all the songs are displayed via the radio unit.

Jon.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Can anyone confirm that Audi's iPod solution does NOT display track names?

I was told by my dealer that this adapter WILL allow song names to be displayed - as imageWIS said, you keep your iPod in the Glove Comp., and control everything with your radio controls. I've ordered mine from Clair Parts - am still waiting for someone to post installation instructions to see how difficult this install is (got the impression that it was a simple DIY).
Old 12-27-2005, 04:09 AM

Default I was told...............

that the OEM Audi iPod kit is no different than the Denison Icelink. In fact I was told that Denison makes these cables for Audi. So if the Icelink can't display names on the Audi stereos then the OEM version won't as well.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It does not! From the manual...

"The artist, track, album and genere information stored in the iPod is not processed by the iPod adapter - therefore track selection using this sorting and search criteria is not possible and is not displayed on the radio or navigation system/radio."

All of the shots of the head units in the manual show that it displays 'Track 10', or 'Track 2'.

If I get the time later, and can get to my buddy's shop to get the special tools needed for the install, I may try and install mine today.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Dealer Installation Charge?

My fault - I guess the guy who I spoke to initially had no idea what he was talking about. I'm wondering if I should cancel my order with Clair as the install instructions seem more complicated then I had anticipated. Does anyone know how much the dealer charges to just install this thing if I keep my order with Clair? Or does it make sense (cheaper) to just order it with the dealer and have them install it?
Old 12-27-2005, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Is there a solution out there for any carmaker that allows track names to be displayed by the

headunit from the ipod?
Old 12-27-2005, 11:45 AM

Icelink BMW and the OEM BMW solution
Old 12-27-2005, 11:47 AM

Default Dealer charge.....UPDATE

should be the same whether you order the OEM part from the dealer or anywhere else. The service detp at my dealership is looking into the cost and are going to call me back this afternoon.

UPDATE....
The dealership has no info on this part...quoted me $52 - $208, they figure an hour at the least ans 4 at the most.
I am hoping I can do the install myself.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:07 PM

icelink WILL show names? where do I buy one?

Quick Reply: Can anyone confirm that Audi's iPod solution does NOT display track names?