A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5
Old 07-22-2016, 01:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: A4 (B7) Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Driver's door window no longer has the Auto one-touch down feature.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Driver's door window no longer has the Auto one-touch down feature.......

It will still go up with the Auto one-touch but not down. I ran my Vag-Com on it and no fault codes showed up. Any ideas from the brain trust?

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have '06 A4 as well with the same problem. There is a process to reset the auto up using the window switch but I have not seen anything for the auto down. I also find the auto up to be sensitive and unpredictable - although I have seen several posts noting the crazy window controls on the Audi. I'm new to the Audi so have little experience. I too will be very interested in any suggestions.

btw, what are VAG codes.

Phil
Old 10-06-2010, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I currently have the same problem. What I do is with the window up, push and hold the button down and hood it down for 10 seconds. Than hold the button in the up position for 10 seconds. You do all this without letting go of the button. By the way, you do this with the car running. It sometimes resets and works.
The following users liked this post:
LukeHawk (06-29-2019)
Old 10-06-2010, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 286 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Philhfx
I have '06 A4 as well with the same problem. There is a process to reset the auto up using the window switch but I have not seen anything for the auto down. I also find the auto up to be sensitive and unpredictable - although I have seen several posts noting the crazy window controls on the Audi. I'm new to the Audi so have little experience. I too will be very interested in any suggestions.

btw, what are VAG codes.

Phil
When using the windows switches, you should feel two indents or movements in the switch; 1st allows you to control the motion and stop it at any time; 2nd is the auto-down/auto-up action. Try it a couple of times to get a feel for how little pressure is needed. Once you figure it out, you'll notice the two positions every time you use the window switches.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

evil twin beat me to it lol yes all u do is hold it down for 10 seconds, then hold it up for another 10. If that doesn't work, keep messing with it by holding it up and down and it will start working. I've had to do this a couple times on my car.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default thanks, timely advice

Originally Posted by 3Vil_twin
... What I do is with the window up, push and hold the button down and hood it down for 10 seconds. Than hold the button in the up position for 10 seconds ....
my battery just died and was replaced and weird things are going wrong. auto up/down on the driver door window was one of them. this fixed it. thanks and thanks to the OP for bringing it up.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Philhfx
btw, what are VAG codes.

Phil
Read this to answer your question: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VAG-COM
Old 04-25-2019, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default It wasn't the lube

Thank you for this. I just left Jiffy Lube and my auto windows were no longer, but rather than dwell on my thoughts of window terrorism by the local lubbers, I found the fix here. May the Audi Gods bless you rides!
-tm

=3Vil_twin;24043058]I currently have the same problem. What I do is with the window up, push and hold the button down and hood it down for 10 seconds. Than hold the button in the up position for 10 seconds. You do all this without letting go of the button. By the way, you do this with the car running. It sometimes resets and works.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-29-2019, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Vil_twin
I currently have the same problem. What I do is with the window up, push and hold the button down and hood it down for 10 seconds. Than hold the button in the up position for 10 seconds. You do all this without letting go of the button. By the way, you do this with the car running. It sometimes resets and works.
Reviving this a bit - but I just had the same situation on my car when I got it back from getting a repair done. This sorted it out Very happy. Thought I was going to have to take it back. So confirmed working on MY17
Old 09-19-2022, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by K2audi
It will still go up with the Auto one-touch but not down. I ran my Vag-Com on it and no fault codes showed up. Any ideas from the brain trust?

Any help will be appreciated.
So my "Auto one touch" works but doesn't always bc the switch actually broke. There's 2 clicks in the switch and the click that controls the auto up got broke or wore out bc the switch is loose. I can however make it work if I hold it a certain way. I'll have to buy a new switch if I want it to work properly.