A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Found a CAI that works, Dyno proved

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found a CAI that works, Dyno proved

Hey everyone just looking to give a tip on a good Cold air intake. I just ordered and installed an AEM cold air intake and wow what a diference. First off, the sound is amazing, it is throaty and noticable. I got the car on the dyno and there is about a 4hp gain and close to a 7 torque increase. People on here said you will get no torque increase from a CAI but i beg to differ. This thing looks nice and fits beautiful. I am going to post the pictures of it from off the website. I will be taking pictures of how it looks on my can if anyone wants the pics or have any more questions on this beaut send me a private message. Absolutely impressed, i have been failed by intakes before, but definately not by this one!!!! Its 249.99 with free shipping. All the other ones are over 300 which is rediculous. I mean 250 is a bit high but this is for an audi. Check it out. It has a lifetime gaurentee and gaurentees to make a difference on Dyno before and after test.

http://www.namotorsports.net/detail....t_cd/AE21-681P

Last edited by greywolf1699; 03-19-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am confused. So am I to believe the dyno charts posted on the vendors website or are you going to post independent dyno runs of your car before/after?

Hell my 911, without any changes, can produce differences of 4hp/ 7ftlbs on a dyno just between runs.

This smacks of shameful underhanded Sham-Wow style advertising.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL, no ignore the ones on the site, i will post my actaul before and after dyno results from my local tester. Like i said its a 4hp gain not that huge. My throttle response is perfectly noticable. And the sound is amazing. Louder and better then the carbonio and you can hear the diverter valve nicely. Though i think i will be buying the spacer for the diverter valve which will make the blowoff loud. I am a machinist so if this spacer doesnt look to bad to make ill make alot of them for you guys and charge you 35 bucks which is half the price ill be paying. And if 2 people buy them and i pay what i payed on mine off ill lower the price down the 20 bucks. Private me for more info. I copy alot of stuff and sell it for cars at the machine shop lol probably not legal for me to do but hey, for audi users ill do anything.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:49 PM

Is it made in Germany? Only the Germans make good stuff.

Seriously...the AEM intake does look nice and given that the filter is less restrictive than stock, it might give a bit of HP, but not much. Again, most people don't buy an intake for power, rather the sound and reusable filter.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

$250 buys alot of paper filters...enough to get to 300,000 miles.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've been on the fence about this one, but if it actually increases throttle response I might be sold. I was thinking it might since it's actually replaces the stock inlet pipe while most others just replace the airbox and filters. If it actually provides a power bump, however negligible, that's just a bonus.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kirkb
I've been on the fence about this one, but if it actually increases throttle response I might be sold. I was thinking it might since it's actually replaces the stock inlet pipe while most others just replace the airbox and filters. If it actually provides a power bump, however negligible, that's just a bonus.

Yeah dude i definately had a better and noticable throttle responce. Im very happy like i said.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmmm...this may be worth looking into. I have the K&N but after more research I am finding that I should have stayed stock or dropped down some $$ for a CAI.

Post your results and pics. I would like to see.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CharlesP
Is it made in Germany? Only the Germans make good stuff.

Seriously...the AEM intake does look nice and given that the filter is less restrictive than stock, it might give a bit of HP, but not much. Again, most people don't buy an intake for power, rather the sound and reusable filter.
LOL yes, and just for the sound this one is worth it, it sounds amazing and like i said, HP or none, the throttle responce is great with it
Old 03-19-2009, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by evilteinman
Hmmm...this may be worth looking into. I have the K&N but after more research I am finding that I should have stayed stock or dropped down some $$ for a CAI.

Post your results and pics. I would like to see.

I sure will as soon as i load em up And i dunno if anyone else agrees with me, but i think you should get rid of that K&N ASAP!!! its not good at all especially for audis! i mean the beast i bought is, yes, 250 bucks, but its free shipping, sounds incredible, lifetime warrenty and throttle responce again, for the third time lol is great with this.

Quick Reply: Found a CAI that works, Dyno proved