A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Getting some more stuff done to my car. While its there what else should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting some more stuff done to my car. While its there what else should i do?

Im getting some body stuff done to my car.

Getting my grill custom painted Phantom Black, My roof painted Shiny black (ala Open Skye A3 Style), Piano Black Mirrors, Rear piece by trunk lid painted quartz like S Line, Getting my door blades painted black and installed, getting my rear valence painted shiny black like roof and mirrors, and im going to repaint my chrome window surround maybe by getting it powdercoated or something. <--- (ultimate run on sentence BTW

Anything else you guys recommend i do while its there, or anything i want to do that you guys think maybe a bad idea? TIA
Old 04-22-2008, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default In terms or the roof, I think they have this new vinal wrap

Looks just like paint, but it peels off if you choose to sell the car. Just a thought. And you sure about the trim? I can't attest to the window trim, but I know the grill trim is plastic with the chrome painted on. Which means you can't powdercoat it. Just check before hand. Lol that'll be a bitch in labor charges too. Its not easy to take that off. Everything else looks good though. Body mods aren't my cup of tea, but as long as you're happy with it, go for it.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Sounds cool. Post pics ASAP when you get it back! One question/suggestion...

You mentioned that the mirrors, valance, and roof will all be the same color, but it almost sounds like you're planning on doing different colors on the trunk trim, grille, and door-blades?

<font color="gray"><i>"Getting my grill custom painted <font color="red">Phantom Black</font>, Rear piece by trunk lid painted <font color="red">quartz</font> like S Line, Getting my door blades painted <font color="red">black</font>, rear valence painted <font color="red">shiny black</font> like roof and mirrors"</i></font>

IMO you should definately make all of the trim on the whole car the same color (window trim, grill surround, trunk trim), and then all of the body parts the "piano black" (roof, mirrors, door blades, and the interior of the grille).
Old 04-22-2008, 08:29 PM

Default This is exactly what im doing. <UPDATE>

Paint entire front grill shiny black and remove Quattro badge
Paint roof shiny black
Paint wing mirrors shiny black
Rear piece by trunk lid Quartz Gray
Paint door blades Quartz Grey
Paint rear exhaust valence shiny black
Paint fog light grills shiny black
Remove amber indicator in headlights
Old 04-22-2008, 09:25 PM