A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

H&R/Bilstein for B6 to fit B7s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R/Bilstein for B6 to fit B7s?

In my search for suspension upgrades to my A4, I have decided to go for the H&R/Bilstein combo and have in fact almost placed an order for them.

However, as we all know, there aren't any made specifically for the B7s, at least not yet. Do we know if springs and shocks will be made by H&R and Bilstein respectively, for the B7s?

Basically the curb weight on FWD B7s is now 3417lbs and quattro is 3517lbs. I can't find figures for the B6 FWD while I believe the B6 quattros are 3406lbs. This should mean the B6 FWD are in the 3300lbs range?

If this is the case, can we still use B6 springs/shocks on B7s, in light of the weight differences and so will have a varying spring rate?

I know of STaSIS being the only one with suspension products for B7s.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:18 PM

It will fit, but ride may not be right.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: It will fit, but ride may not be right.

Any way one can compensate for that? In what ways will it not be right? thanks.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:02 AM

Default Re: It will fit, but ride may not be right.

I have KW V3 coilovers on my B7...they were designed for the B6 but work perfectly. Sherpa is probably talking about spring rates being different, as the B7 is a heavier car than the B6. I was concerned about this initially as well, but the difference is only 100 lbs, and will not affect the ride quality. Mine rides perfectly.

Also, if you look at the Stasis products, the part numbers for the B6 and B7 are identical. While they may be marketing their coilovers for the B7, they are the same coilovers used for B6 applications.

If you want coilovers, KW, Bilstein PSS9, and Stasis will all work. If you're going for springs and shocks, do a search...because at least a few people have made this upgrade recently.

- Frank