AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b7-platform-discussion-69/)
-   -   Hello, i'm new here (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b7-platform-discussion-69/hello-im-new-here-2748035/)

shinbumee 04-13-2009 02:27 PM

Hello, i'm new here

Hello people, I just recently got 2006 A4 2.0t fsi
I had 2003 lancer es, and then to a4?
big upgrade. I feel much better when i drive.

anyways, my a4 has a hid and a foglight.
but how do you turn them on at the same time?
i know this sounds like a stupid question but i just can't figure it out.
when i was purchasing the car, there was no owners manual.
the dealer is going to either call the previous owner or order me a new one.
like i really know about cars and stuff but this is some problem.
i mean, i physically see "fog lights" on the car, but there is a headlight knob that turns in this order (0 auto dim headlight)
but then, there are two little turnable buttons on the right side. one is DRL, and the other looks like a highbeam with time picture on it but don't really know what it is.

Just do anybody know how to turn the foglight on while i'm driving? I saw someone posted from other site that you can't turn foglight on while on auto mode?

thanks

nickstock 04-13-2009 08:00 PM

Pull the light switch out...

the whole light switch pulls out one click for the front fog lights (with the switch in the headlight on position) and two clicks for the rear fogs.

Look under the steering wheel for a little slot that holds the owners manual...

HTH,

Nick

A4Audi4Fun 04-13-2009 08:34 PM

Coming Home Assistance Lights....

Originally Posted by shinbumee (Post 23765382)
Hello people, I just recently got 2006 A4 2.0t fsi
I had 2003 lancer es, and then to a4?
big upgrade. I feel much better when i drive.

anyways, my a4 has a hid and a foglight.
but how do you turn them on at the same time?
i know this sounds like a stupid question but i just can't figure it out.
when i was purchasing the car, there was no owners manual.
the dealer is going to either call the previous owner or order me a new one.
like i really know about cars and stuff but this is some problem.
i mean, i physically see "fog lights" on the car, but there is a headlight knob that turns in this order (0 auto dim headlight)
but then, there are two little turnable buttons on the right side. one is DRL, and the other looks like a highbeam with time picture on it but don't really know what it is.

Just do anybody know how to turn the foglight on while i'm driving? I saw someone posted from other site that you can't turn foglight on while on auto mode?

thanks

And the switch with highbeam with time picture is for the coming home assistant. With the switch in the 1 position, when it's dark oustide say at night or in a dim parking garage and you lock the vehicle, the front foglight and rear tail lights will come on for about 30-60 secnods to provide light when leaving the vehicle. If it's dark and you unlock the vehicle, those same lights will come on until you open thr driver's door. Try it at night to see what happens.