A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

help with bluetooth and/or phone cradle, technology pkg 2006 a4???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with bluetooth and/or phone cradle, technology pkg 2006 a4???

so i got a 2006 Audi A4. i paid for the technology package which includes the bluetooth for cell phones. well i got that to work, however the instruction manual for the car says i need a phone cradle so that my contacts will be stored and available via the steering wheel controls. i just called my dealership and they seemed clueless, said they couldnt find a cradle available for the a4. in my center console there is the spot for the cradle to get plugged into. basically what im asking, is how do i have my contacts accessible via the steering wheel controls. the bluetooth connect works fine, but i have to either get the phone outta my pocket and navigate thru its phone book, and do the call thru the car speakers, or hit the talk button on the steering wheel and manual say the phone number so it can dial. will the contacts be available just by using the bluetooth, or do i need that craddle? and where can i buy that craddle at?
Old 05-15-2006, 11:44 AM

Default a cradle defeats the purpose of bluetooth....you dont need one

what phone do you have and other information may help others in helping you.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Try this

IIRC from manual:

1) Hit Mode button on left side of steering wheel.
2) LCD Display in middle of dashboard should now switch to phone mode, with the top part displaying the phone book. Also, the word "PHONE" should now be on the radio display as well.
3) Use the scroll wheel on left side of steering wheel to scroll through phone book.

I've never had to take the phone out of my pocket to use BT in my car. What phone do you have?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:22 PM

Default Re: help with bluetooth and/or phone cradle, technology pkg 2006 a4???

Example - Motorola Razr works as Moro said...I know other BT phones don't
Old 05-15-2006, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default "Official" list of compatible phones

If your phone isn't on the list then it may or may not work. But if it is on the list then it should work.<ul><li><a href="http://storage.audiusa.com/bluetooth.pdf">markcincinnati in the C6A6 forum just posted this link</a></li></ul>
Old 05-15-2006, 01:21 PM

Default Re: my phone model & more info---->>>

i got the Motorola SLVR L7 its a GSM phone thru cingular. its basically the same as a RAZR just not a flip phone. the bluetooth works fine. i can call and recieve phone calls fine. the instrument display doesnt display the Name of the person calling. just the number. ive also tried to save my phone book both on the SIM and on the phone itself. no help tho. i have saved a few voice dials, so ive been using it that way, but it would be so much easier and better if i could just scroll thru the phone book via steering wheel, and also see who is calling me , instead of just the number.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:25 PM

Default Re: ive tried that but

it always just says "NO ENTRIES..." something along those lines, and will not scroll thru anything.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Try saving your phone book in the phone instead of on the SIM card.

I've heard that the Audi BT only works with cell phone memory, not SIM card memory. Can someone else confirm this?
Old 05-15-2006, 02:35 PM

Default THANKS! IT WORKS!

i saved on to the phone instead of SIM and it works beautifully now. i got the SLVR for when im not working, i work construction and use a cheap nokia that can get dirty and be thrown around. now with the phone #s saved to the phone instead of SIM, when i take the SIM and place into my nokia, the contacts will be gone wont they?? prolly have to wait to see tomorrow when im at work. thanks again for helping me out!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Now if you want voice command to work the phonebook...

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/41749.phtml">There's an error in the manual</a></li></ul>

Quick Reply: help with bluetooth and/or phone cradle, technology pkg 2006 a4???