A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Horrid Brakes on A4 2.0T 2007

Old 07-03-2007, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrid Brakes on A4 2.0T 2007

I have a 2007 2.0t and I have to tell you I hate this A4 because the brakes are so awful. They are sporratic in how they work, meaning one minute they are tight and hard to depress, and the next they are so loose you have to spike it to the floor.

We have sent Audi letters from a massive law firm and they replied with a "Too bad, it looks fine to us" letter. So basically I am stuck with the car.

My question is what sort of mods or changes can I make to the brakes to make them more responsive without voiding the warranty, as Audi will not replace or fix them.

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:13 AM

should also mention that they squeek like a semi trailer all of the time NT
Old 07-03-2007, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If that is the only response AoA gave you, your massive law firm sucks.

Something is wrong with the brakes on your car. The B7's brakes are pretty good and 100% better than what came on the older 1.8Ts.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just take it in three times to have it repaired. If they can't fix it, use the lemon law (NTTO).
Old 07-03-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: If that is the only response AoA gave you, your massive law firm sucks.

Thanks for that captain obvious. What do you propose I do? I like it when people spout off random thoughts and don't offer constructive criticism.

I have taken the car in 7 times to Audi Mission Viejo and they claim there is NOTHING wrong with them at all. So I have absolutely no power to do anything as they tell me to sod off and AoA doesn't seem to care that I keep taking the car in to get "fixed".
Old 07-03-2007, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default i called audi about the squeeking too and...

they didnt know, so i went to the dealership and spoke with the sales manager and that c#ck sucker told me that the ONLY way to stop the squeeking sound was to water down the brakes once a week,and thats normal to happen because of the rust build up. so if watering it down doesnt work, then just slam on the brakes once or twice and that will remove the gloss coating on the new pads. im not going to lie, when you are annoyed you try some stupid sht but that actually worked, for like 2 days..but i was in a hurry so i didnt have time to ridicule him..
Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: i called audi about the squeeking too and...

Yep they told me the same thing which I do and it clears it for 50 miles or so then comes back. Frankly I am not interested in slamming my brakes on the freeway all of the time. If I wanted a piece of **** car, I would have bought a 1983 Toyota Corolla. I bought a 30k car, I would expect you to not have to jimmy-rig **** to make the car drive right.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default your right

x2 on that one, but what can you do, i go work 8-5, then school 6-9 monday-friday..saturday morning they couldnt even do the oil change when i took it there never the less they will think about looking at the car. im just thinking to myself get the big brake kit..but it is embarrasing especially for me when i roll up to car meets and my brakes are squeeking out the ***, i have to pull the ebrake to a stop..
Old 07-03-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Re: your right

I know the feeling, I am in the EXACT same position as you. I have to have my wife take the car to the dealer in any spare time she has.

It seems to me a lot of these issues are common and they could fix them but they won't.

I will personally NEVER buy an audi again and will always deter people from buying one due to the awful customer service and complete lack of respect AoA gave us while trying to return what is a faulty product.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default i understand what your saying

these squeeky brakes are a definate c*ck blocker when trying to pick up some chicks in south beach. a 2007 with screaming brakes is not exactly what woman define as sexy.lol..but i wouldnt trip too much about it..im going to buy aftermarket brakes and replace them pos factory one. it worked for my buddy with a new 350z like 2 years ago..hopefully it works for me..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Horrid Brakes on A4 2.0T 2007