A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

JL Subwoofer/Amp Install, A Few ?'s So I Can Tell the Installer

Old 05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL Subwoofer/Amp Install, A Few ?'s So I Can Tell the Installer

I am having a JL W6v2 (In a JL designed box) and a JL 500.1 amplifier installed tomorrow morning

I had a few questions about tapping into my stock (non-bose) symphony system

I have searched around and found some people mentioning using a line out converter off of the stock sub. Has this worked well for people? I am wondering what the factory low pass is set at on the sub

Also, can the stock subwoofer be easily removed without leaving a hole in the rear deck. I am thinking I might as well take it out and keep it somewhere safe while it's not in use

Finally, I was wondering how bad the rattle in our cars is. I am not going to have it blasting, but would like to get an idea of what to expect from the car without having it dynamatted

Thanks
Old 05-01-2006, 11:31 PM

Default Read inside

Okay, I know there is a LINE out, make sure your installer has FOUR keys before removing your headunit. Search good for the lineout, if you can't find it, its going to be kind of risky tap'in into the rear speakers as this causes the rear speakers to blow sometimes, and the dealer might give you some excuses. As for your rattling, the only big rattles in our cars are one the factory subwoofer, make sure to remove it and pad the lining with something so it doesn't move around. Second our license plate holder rattles, use some double sided tape, make sure the installer grounds to the top or side of the trunk, not the bottom as most of the gas tank runs right under it. As for the RCA wiring, make sure it runs on the passanger side of the car, and the power on the driver side.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Is threre really a line out?!

I tapped the stock sub for LLC and don't like it *at all*

The stock system massages the signal way too much thinking the stock sub is there. At low levels its WAY too much bass, and when you turn it up it cuts power to the sub because it think its too loud.

Does the line out of the deck massage the signal at all? I was going to tap into the rear signal before the amp at some point and see if that is better.

I just don't know if the JL cleansweep, or the new RF 3sixty is worth it simply for adding a sub
Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Read inside

my friend actually just told me the same thing. i called the installer. hopefully they can make it happen. i take it as long as you use the right pins it doesn't effect the signal going to the amp for the rears right?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Read inside

I am trying to install a amp in my audi for subwoofers.. i wanna tap the stock amp in the car. Which wires do i have to tap to make this work...