A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5
Old 08-05-2016, 11:33 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A4 (B7) Air Intake & Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

just bought a test pipe and a new DV...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a test pipe and a new DV...

and from what i've heard so far is that getting a test pipe and putting it on a stock engine/ECU, you'll feel a significant gain in tq at the low end. how much of a gain do you think i'll feel with a APR 93 octane flash? my APR dealer said he'll reflash to stage 2 w/test pipe software so that my CEL won't come on but just curious as to how much i'll really feel it at the low end of my rpms... anyone have any first hand experience they can share with me? thanks in advanced!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:02 AM

I know the VMR supposedly gives anywhere from 5-15 depending on your mods.

I have one (with a full exhaust) and the gains were very nice. I used pocketdyno (obviously not the most reliable) and pulled in a 0-60 around 5.3/5.4 seconds. I have GIAC Xchip, CAI, and a full exhaust.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thanks charles! my test pipe is coming in thursday and i'm really looking forward to installing this. in a few weeks im getting a fuel pump too and hopefully about a month later i'll get an exhaust... this whole car modding thing is like a drug...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What if you already have SW. If I got a test pipe would my CEL come on?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR and REVO are the only ones with test pipe files that i know of. i remember seeing something on audizine.com where they made something to put into one of the o2 sensor spots but i can't seem to find it to link it to you. its just a little block that you screw in place of the o2 sensor and it'll eliminate the CEL. if i come across it i'll PM you the link.

btw my testpipe is installed and i'm really liking the low end rpm torque gains... very noticeable IMO
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by paulk11087
APR and REVO are the only ones with test pipe files that i know of. i remember seeing something on audizine.com where they made something to put into one of the o2 sensor spots but i can't seem to find it to link it to you. its just a little block that you screw in place of the o2 sensor and it'll eliminate the CEL. if i come across it i'll PM you the link.

btw my testpipe is installed and i'm really liking the low end rpm torque gains... very noticeable IMO
Cool. Please send if you do. I am almost saved up for some coilovers on my ride. next on my "to do" list is exhaust/test pipe.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2nd O2 sensor spacer

I have heard of this O2 spacer. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2942552 Supposed to move O2 sensor far enough out of stream that MIL won't be triggered by test pipe. Seems to be positive reviews of it.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by evilteinman
What if you already have SW. If I got a test pipe would my CEL come on?
So for AEB your best bet is the spark plug non fouler mod. Basically you want two non foulers (The HELP! ones are the best if you can get them, if not, the longer the better.)
Drill one non fouler out with 1/2 inch bit so your rear o2 sensor fits in there. Then screw the modified non-fouler into the regular non fouler. Screw all that into the testpipe. Then screw your o2 sensor into the whole shindig and bam! This has the best track record on the AEB. As the model progresses by year, the successes drop. For non-AEB look for the 90 degree mount or sometimes its called the box plug.

The basic idea behind all of these is to take the "nose" of the sensor and pull it back from the main flow. Thus it reads less carbons, doesn't pull a CEL and gives the OK for DEQ. So thats why the longer Non foulers are better. The 90 degree plug works the same way, the carbons have to travel to the plug around a 90 degree bend so less make it.

Software is best, but you own a B5, so you can make your own fix right? This is what owning an Audi is all about! =D
Old 09-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So for anyone who is still curious on how that TP + Stock exhaust runs, it runs KILLER! the car is a whole new beast again! It wasn't particularly loud or "poppy" but it spools fast, accelerates fast, and makes go fast.

Me before the pipe
Me after the pipe !!!!!!!!