A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Just got APR'd

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 05:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got APR'd

Got the 93 oct program installed last week on my 2005.5 2.0t tip. Waited a few days to give my comments, as I've spent the last few days toggling between the stock and 93 program to give some (I hope) objective feedback. In a nutshell, if you haven't flashed your ECU, you gotta do it:

car felt peppy in stock form - certainly more pull than my '02 1.8t 5speed. But when upgraded to the 93 program, it is like a whole different car. Now the powertrain feels like it has a real set of 'nads. From what I've read on these boards so far I don't doubt that I'm getting to 60mph in the low sixes. Or better.

Tip feels great - throttle tip-in that bogged under the stock program (I've read the complaints on this board) is all but gone. Nice easy step off in 1st, then a nice seamless rush of power through 2nd and 3rd gears. The tech who did my programming at NGP in Aberdeen MD was impressed with the tip and noted that the gear change to 2nd jerked his head back against the headrest and pulled hard from there. I agree, and the drivetrain is smoother than before if you can believe it.

Gotta be careful using the shift for yourself feature as the 93 program eliminates the rev limiter.

Seat of my pants tells me this car pulls harder than my '66 big block 4 spd mercury cyclone - the a4 would eat it for lunch (and the merc runs REAL good).

I don't think there is a warranty caveat to worry about with the flash - I did question my dealer and he confirmed (as I thought he would) that unless the flash is directly responsible for related damage, dealer cannot 'void' a warranty. Biggest danger is over-revving - just be careful.

Now I'm not a racer and I don't plan on any quarter miles, but the feel the HP/TQ upgrade gives when just running around makes a world of difference.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Just got APR'd

Sounds good, man.

I'm probably going with APR on mine, too.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:07 AM

Default newbie questions

Is there a way to be able to switch between two programs? for example: be in stock mode when in "D" and the 93 program when in "S" or tip.

Can the programming be reversed to stock? Im on a lease and am not still sure whether i will keep the car or not.

If newer programs come out can the ECU be upgraded after it has been changed?

I've heard you can add almost 100Hp to the 2.0t engine with just a ECU change. is that right?

Are you sure about the warranty not being voided?
Old 12-19-2005, 06:34 AM

What to you mean by RPM limiter?? Are you talking about when you are in manual mode and when you don't shift the car does it for you??

If thats the case my APR flashed car still does that??
Old 12-19-2005, 06:38 AM

The speed limiter is also supposed to be deactivated. With the APR flash, you should be able to exceed 130. There's been cases where the flash was done, but the speed limiter remained. I'm waiting to have mine reflashed as I don't think it took the first time. I feel no difference between my stock program and my 93 program. From what's been said here, there's a VERY noticeable difference. Did you feel a big change in power after the flash?
Old 12-19-2005, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm extremely happy with my APR as well. Congrats!
Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Depends on your dealership whether you will have to take them to court over it or not.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

How does chip effect gas mileage?
Old 12-19-2005, 07:13 AM

huge difference, I had to switch mine to stock for the drive to the dealership today.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: How does chip effect gas mileage?

If I drive conservatively it seems that I get a little better MPG with the chip. But I wanted to drive conservatively I wouldnt have gotten chipped!!!!

Quick Reply: Just got APR'd