A4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi A4 produced from 2005-2008.5

Just got my '06 Avant yesterday (new member, brief intro)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my '06 Avant yesterday (new member, brief intro)

Hi all - just picked up my '06 Dolphin Grey/Platinum Avant yesterday, and the car is fantastic. Interior is as plush as I remember Audi being (I had an '00 Imola S4 back when the car first came out), and the car rides amazingly well.

Got mine with the following:

Sunroof package
Premium package
rear windowshades (was on the car already..I have no real use for them)

got it under their 24 month program at a very favorable deal.

Being in the performance industry, the bug is hardwired to my brain to mod, but since I got this car for primarily winter transportation (I have an '04 350Z for nice weather duties), I want to keep it sensible.

Sort of torn whether I should do springs first or ecu, though I don't see tons of either items on the market. I remember way back when I first got the S4, there was a huge comparison of every conceivable chip on the market performed on a single dyno. It was very helpful in deciding which was best for me at the time (I went MTM, along with the rest of the car). But, I guess time will tell with the B7, since I really only see APR, Neuspeed and MTM as being released as of yet. Hopefully Garrett and a few others will join the fray as well. I've been reading the few threads here on the chips, which were helpful.

Spring wise, cannot go too low as I do not plan to swap out the stock struts, since the car is a lease (hence why the mods have to stay low-key!). I have the double spoke 17 inch 5 stars, which are very attractive for a stock wheel. I am sure the bug to do 18's come spring will bit....damn how I wish I did not sell the Oettinger's from the S4

Anyway, this is my 3rd Audi (the other one being a 1990 V8 Quattro that I got last winter, but is now for sale), and very happy to be here

This afternoon the car gets her maiden wash and detail (got to start em off right if you want them to look good a year from now!) I'll try to post pics later if interested (at this point everyone has seen the car though lol)

Thanks

Adam
Z1 Performance
http://www.z1auto.com
Old 10-01-2005, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Just got my '06 Avant yesterday (new member, brief intro)

Welcome - I have an '06 Quartz Grey Avant on order, and reading your post is making the waite even harder Only 2 more months...
Old 10-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I think we have the exact same car/features. :) ......

We also have a Dolphin Gray A4 Avant. Ours is the 2.0TQM version. Is yours the same? We opted for the 17" split 5-spoke wheels as well. We may upgrade to the sport suspension later, but I'd like to test drive a car with that setup before we consider it. At the time, our dealer didn't have any S-Line-equipped cars.

We actually returned our 2001 S4 Avant because the lease period was almost up.

I really dig the new car, but it seems like the Avants are *very* scarce now. As such, our car didn't come equipped with the Technology or Bose packages. Not a big deal for Bose, but I really wanted Xenon lights, as well as a trip computer. The standard A4 doesn't have even a simple multi-function MFA. Sort of disappointing. However, the standard halogen lights are actually quite good. They're definitely a step up from the lights on my Golf R32.

Overall, we're happy with the car.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Re: I think we have the exact same car/features. :) ......

yep - mine is a quattro as well. I had originally wanted white or red with ebony, but the dealer told me none were around and none were in the pipeline for the northeast. Ordering and waiting 3 months was not in the cards for me however. They did have this car on the lot, ready to go, so I jumped on it, and glad I did - I love the color!

I agree on the headlights....I did not get the HID's because the package I felt was too expensive, but the standard ones are very nice indeed - awesome beam pattern and very crisp cutoffs, without a lot of dispersion.

Looks like my first mod will be the springs, so will be posting pics up soon. In the meantime, my new camera gets delivered tomorrow, so I'll post plenty of high res before pics for those interested